Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oversold brand in UK - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oversold brand in UK

2»

Comments

• JacobJacob Member
    edited July 2013

A "kiddie" host, really?.. Is this what you guys are resorting to as insults?

God, I miss the old LET.

@nunim said:

• JacobJacob Member
    edited July 2013

Yeah, obviously that's a factor aswell but I highly doubt the nodes would touch near half RAM on a 128G machine.

@darknyan said:
    And I would probably buy it, depending on the circumstances such as how well you are capable of managing these nodes to nearly reaching 95%.

• blackblack Member

Your Disk I/O would probably die before that.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited July 2013

@Jacob said:
    A "kiddie" host, really?.. Is this what you guys are resorting to as insults?

God, I miss the old LET.

I've been a LET member for a year now, so I'm not sure you can blame the new administration for my viewpoints, even if they have made me slightly more cynical. I'm not sure who "You guys" are but I wasn't claiming to speak for anyone but myself.

I see you as a kiddie host because I know from your post history that you and your "company" are young as well as the way I perceive you represent your business.

The way I read your comment was defensive, basically admitting that you did not pay taxes on your revenue and then defending that statement by asking which of the other hosts do.

To me this, as well as your reply to my comment, shows you do not have a serious professional attitude towards your business and thus I would not host with you. I wouldn't want to have my VPS down because my host had their servers seized for back taxes, I am not saying that will happen to you it is merely an example.

You might have awesome servers and a very satisfied client base, but for me personally your demeanor would prevent me from seeking your services.

• wychwych Member

I'd be game if the price is right ;)

• JacobJacob Member

Personally, what we do with our business and how we run it is of our concern. Business relationships work both ways, but I think your exaggerating alot. If you've got something mission critical, bottom line is that it shouldn't be on a LEB. Also I'm not sure how you would expect me to take your first comment, ofcourse I'm going to jump to the defensive side as you've basicly read what some ignorant idiot has posted and jumped to conclusions. I'm not here to change your opinion or whatever, I could care less. We've been running for near three years now and own our equipment and have a presence in four datacenters.

I appreciate your concern, and most customers who know me see the better side of me, I don't mean to come across arrogant or anything like that but if was in my position then I'm sure your reactions to the slanderous, non factual comments here would be very similar.

Thanks.

@nunim said:
    You might have awesome servers and a very satisfied client base, but for me personally your demeanor would prevent me from seeking your services.

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited July 2013

@Jacob said:
    We've been running for near three years now and own our equipment and have a presence in four datacenters.

Correction 1 Year and 9 moths actually, you are actually 1 year and 3 months of being 3 years old. Not an attack at you, just saying in the spirit of honesty.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited July 2013

@Jacob said:
    ... I appreciate your concern, and most customers who know me see the better side of me, I don't mean to come across arrogant or anything like that but if was in my position then I'm sure your reactions to the slanderous, non factual comments here would be very similar.

I appreciate the almost professional response this time, I don't believe I exaggerated anything in my post I only stated my personal opinion, something like this should have been your original reply. Although I will not challenge the fact that you've been in business for 3 years, I cannot find any evidence to support this and your previous company is listed as dissolved, I can safely say that if I was in your position I would not have responded the same way.

Projecting a professional image means keeping your cool even when ignorant, troublesome, annoying customers or prospective customers antagonize or bait you, especially on a public forum like LowEndTalk. I would have not inquired about your tax situation out of the blue, as you said it is your business to manage, but your reply to INIZ surprised me.

As I said, I'm not claiming your service is bad or that you're technically inept I was only stating my opinion that you don't always maintain a professional demeanor in your public relations. This, in combination with your reply to INIZ, led me to believe there are other area of your business which aren't treated with strict professionalism. That is only my opinion and you're well within your rights to disregard it. Just don't forget that everyone, myself included, is a potential customer and that you're the public face of your company so everything that you do or say represents your company.

Live Long and Prosper.

• JacobJacob Member

Great, I've recieved your PM so I'll let you know the dets. on when this will happen shortly.

@wych said:
    I'd be game if the price is right ;)

• RaptaRapta Member

UK, that's a great place, I'm definitely interested in buying a lot of VPS's from you.

• RaptaRapta Member

UK, that's a great place, I'm definitely interested in buying a lot of VPS's from you.

• JacobJacob Member

Great, I'll have something out shortly then for those that are interested.

I appreciate the input from most people in this thread.

@Rapta said: