Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS cantabo, very slow, need your help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS cantabo, very slow, need your help

WebiniumWebinium Member

I have two vps at contabo, and they are very slow.

I have launched this command

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

Here is the result:

Can I do what?

Thank you for your help

Comments

• maldoviamaldovia Member
    edited July 2017

What is wrong with the second result?

What do you expect for the prices?

This is well documented that they throttle IO.

• @maldovia said:
    What is wrong with the second result?

This is well documented that they throttle IO.

Before I had

I/O (1st run) : 132 MB/s

I/O (2nd run) : 116 MB/s

I/O (3rd run) : 165 MB/s

Average I/O : 137.667 MB/s

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@maldovia said:

How dare you, they're only ~$1/GB.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Are you with contabo DE or international? Have you phoned them? I had better results with their SSD M

Thanked by 1Webinium
  • @Ympker said:
    Are you with contabo DE or international? Have you phoned them? I had better results with their SSD M

I'm with contabo international

Thanked by 1CSummit
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Webinium said:

@Ympker said:

I'm with contabo international

Try calling them anyway :)
    Afaik their DE support told me SSDs are not being throttled and the low benchds were a fail config on my vm. After that it was really smooth :P

Thanked by 1Webinium
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2017

@Webinium Did you open a support ticket or came first to LET? You know, this is not a support desk, you should work it first with your provider.

P.S. the results of the second server are not bad. You have more than enough IO for normal vps operation (you should not expect something really higher from a vps of that price). And the speed to most of the locations is close to the 100Mbps that Contabo offers to their server.

Thanked by 1spywork
  • @jvnadr said:
    @Webinium Did you open a support ticket or came first to LET? You know, this is not a support desk, you should work it first with your provider.

P.S. the results of the second server are not bad. You have more than enough IO for normal vps operation (you should not expect something really higher from a vps of that price). And the speed to most of the locations is close to the 100Mbps that Contabo offers to their server.

I know this forum is not a support for Contabo ...

I was wondering if I could do something about my VPS to change that? Or if you had any advice to give me.

A ticket was opened

• quickquick Member

Hello this is Contabo support live chat. How can I help you today?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Webinium said: I was wondering if I could do something about my VPS to change that?

The only thing you can do is contact support and tell them about the poor performance (at least, for the first box. The second, I don't know, this is not a bad performance)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@jvnadr said:

Webinium said: I was wondering if I could do something about my VPS to change that?

The only thing you can do is contact support and tell them about the poor performance (at least, for the first box. The second, I don't know, this is not a bad performance)

Agree^^ Contact them about the first and see what they can do (I also was having issues initially).

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Speak to Contabo support, either via email or phone. When I contacted them, they increased the i/o limit on my vm. Albeit when I started using the vm it never was as low as your first pic. It was low for an SSD, but that is due to the cap.

I still keep my Contabo vm, love it <3

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • LET isn't the contabo help desk...

• I can read the hostname fields.