Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Management only service?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Management only service?

Hello

I have a 8GB Vultr VPS which I need somebody to set up and manage on a monthly basis.

Looking for a Reliable "management only" service.

Alternatively will look at reliable managed vps in the UK. Doesn't have to be cheapest but reasonable value and above all it has to be reliable.

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member

probably you should elaborate a bit more what you want the management to involve and what you want to run services-wise on your vps.

My pricing for managing usually starts at 50€ excl. VAT p.m. for what would be considered basic sys management task.

No further web development included though, but I can offer that too. If needed I can also offer to integrate your VM in a redundant backup solution (daily).

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Hello

Need to ensure that the server is running smoothly is kept up to date. We use external DNS and emails so that's not required. Ensuring websites (wordpress) loading up fast etc and not getting hacked would be handy!!

In the unlikely event of hardware or network issue, deal with the provider?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I have used platinum server management, they are quite cheap ( 29/mo ), they do offer proactive monitoring ( eg, if ur server is down, they will restart it ), and tickets tend to be resolved within a few hours ( this might be considered slow for some people )

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@realbusiness said:
    Hello

Need to ensure that the server is running smoothly is kept up to date. We use external DNS and emails so that's not required. Ensuring websites (wordpress) loading up fast etc and not getting hacked would be handy!!

In the unlikely event of hardware or network issue, deal with the provider?

Feel free to PM me as we do NOC services for several companies which also includes Server/Node Management.

• jhjh Member

This is a big part of our (UK-based) business. The other part being bespoke software development. We're more expensive than the likes of platinumservermanagement but we respond quickly, we don't need you to run cPanel, we have a phone number and we can offer a written SLA.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

• sarahsarah Member

You want to just run WordPress or anything else?