Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YubiKey Integration-Which Service Works Better: Lasspass versus Dashlane
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

YubiKey Integration-Which Service Works Better: Lasspass versus Dashlane

I've picked up on the big Amazon Prime Day sale a couple of YubiKey 4's for $20 each. Now I want to use these Yubi's with one of the online password keepers. With my research, I'm down to LassPass and Dashlane as the top choices. I'm willing to pay the annual fee to get the "enhanced" version of one of these services. LassPass is a bit cheaper but that isn't my motivation. I'm looking for ease of use, features first and foremost.

I've looked through the online reviews but I suspect that most of them are just paid shills for one of these companies. Does anyone have any practical use experience with both of these services that they have an opinion about which one is better than the other?

Which Password Keeper is Better?
  1. Which Password Keeper is Better?15 votes
    1. LassPass
      93.33%
    2. Dashlane
        6.67%

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

I use LastPass, never had a problem with their apps (use it on all my devices). I did try Dashlane before I started using LastPass, but their browser addon wouldn't fill many pages automatically, even some popular sites, I tried contacting their support and while I can't remember how it went I just know their response made me switch to LastPass.

Thanked by 2Aidan geodirk
  • filefile Member

For the past year or so I've had memory issues when browsing (and I am by no means a high tab user - I have maybe 12 open at any given time). I threw more RAM at the problem, tried different browsers, but they would eventually eat up every bit of memory they could. I finally took the time to isolate the cause and it was Lastpass. When the extension was loaded in any browser of mine memory usage would just go up and up, as would CPU. Not loading the extension and the world was fine. I've since switched to Bitwarden which while it does not yet have Yubikey support will have it in a few weeks. Zero problems with it.

Thanked by 1geodirk
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@file said:
    For the past year or so I've had memory issues when browsing (and I am by no means a high tab user - I have maybe 12 open at any given time). I threw more RAM at the problem, tried different browsers, but they would eventually eat up every bit of memory they could. I finally took the time to isolate the cause and it was Lastpass. When the extension was loaded in any browser of mine memory usage would just go up and up, as would CPU. Not loading the extension and the world was fine. I've since switched to Bitwarden which while it does not yet have Yubikey support will have it in a few weeks. Zero problems with it.

I've never had an issue like this with Chrome, all I run in it is AdBlock and LastPass. Kind of odd.

• filefile Member

I tried Chrome, Chromium, Opera Developer, Vivaldi, Firefox, Brave. They each died eventually. I really did think it was browser related (or site related). It may very well still be a combination of one of the sites I always keep open and the extension itself.

• ccxxvrccxxvr Member

LASTPASS

• LastPass has gone to shit lately, it keeps messing up for me on Firefox. But as far as I'm concerned, until Dashlane adds Linux support, it is not a serious contender.

Thanked by 1geodirk
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

LastPass. Love it. Just dont love it when you need to upgrade to Teams to share more than a folder, or to more than 5 people. Gets expensive.

Thanked by 1geodirk