Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vps.cool fake specs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vps.cool fake specs?

I was looking at the front page (LEB) and according to the comments this provider is giving fake specs. And they have not responded at all. If they are (someone check?), how come no one is doing anything about it? should fake offers even be allowed on LEB?
I'm ignorant on the matter but according to intel this cpu has a max of 32gb ram yet they claim to have a node with 64gb

https://lowendbox.com/blog/vps-cool-special-offer-1gb-kvm-just-2month/

http://ark.intel.com/products/80908/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1271-v3-8M-Cache-3_60-GHz

Thanked by 2Rhys fat27

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Supposedly the coupon also only works for the first month.

• RayhanRayhan Member

I think, yes.

I agree with Bullshit.

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited July 2017

So why is nobody doing anything about it? Why is it still on the front page? I thought false advertisement is illegal.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2017

@duckeeyuck said:
    So why is nobody doing anything about it? Why is it still on the front page? I thought false advertisement is illegal.

I think the main reason for this is, oddly enough, that most of LEB/LET Staff have a so called "real life"& a job to take care of resulting in a delay of processing such matters. I am sure if the evidence provided is justified the issue will be investigated and resolved accordingly.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

The only two possibilities are

1) All lies

2) two nodes

Seeing as there are only two 480s per server then would mean no R10 as you cant to that with two disks.

Thanked by 1Rayhan
  • lol at first I thought that was some model of a Dell product since their servers start with "R" but then was like oh only two digits, then was like oh raid 10

Thanked by 2pbgben William
  • No lies here as I already described in my comment https://lowendbox.com/blog/vps-cool-special-offer-1gb-kvm-just-2month/#comment-721454

There are two identical nodes and I have reported the incorrect specification to LEB Staff.

pbgben said: Seeing as there are only two 480s per server then would mean no R10 as you cant to that with two disks.

that's right 2 servers configured in R1.

joepie91 said: Supposedly the coupon also only works for the first month.

coupon works for an annual payment as well

Sorry guys, it was not caused with the idea of "giving fake specs" and thank you all for pointing me with this notice. I am ready to answer all your questions that may come up.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

vpscool said: coupon works for an annual payment as well

Okay? But that still doesn't make it recurring, it just means you can pick a longer payment term for the discounted first term. The offer makes no mention of this, and that should really be fixed.

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited July 2017

vpscool said: Sorry guys, it was not caused with the idea of "giving fake specs"

So you confused your TWO SEPARATE 32gb ram nodes, as a SINGLE ONE with 64GB? Also thought you had RAID10 instead of RAID1?

An idiot like this can't be trusted. It shows us you either don't know shit about you're doing, or that you're an outright liar.

Tell us which one.

• pikepike Veteran

Raid 1 on a VPS Node. lol

• @pike said:
    Raid 1 on a VPS Node. lol

Afaik @Francisco uses raid1 too on his slices.

• pike said: Raid 1 on a VPS Node. lol

On SSD RAID10 does not provide much advantage; in fact a RAID1 of PCIe SSDs is faster than a RAID10 (or RAID0) of 4 SATA ones. Not the case here but one should not assume that RAID10 makes sense in all setups.

• Yes. Totally agree.

I've ordered 1 VPS and have to ask refund after 3 hours.

Fortunately they refund.