Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Joshua Prout scams - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Latest Joshua Prout scams

2»

Comments

• I just signed up here for replying this thread. Well, a company I work for had their two servers scammed by this guy, the guy introduced himself as the owner of netXnap, who said he was going to buy FiberTown datacenter and sent us a video of our servers placed in the so called "fiber town" data center. We've decided to sue him legally, and upon closer inspection of the video, we found that the datacenter in the video was netrality. We called them and they said to call a guy called Robert Langley (said he was the systems manager or something), and this was the name on the whois records of the domain evonoc.com. So if you are sure that evonoc is indeed Joshua's then clearly he had impersonated Robert or Robert is Joshua. We tried Robert's number they gave, but the call was unanswered. I also tried contacting 365Networks on WHT, which I figured out was him because that accounts previous name was NetXNap. What we're still not sure is how to know that evonoc belongs to him. We have collected many domain supposed to be owned by him and calling people involved. @jarland, can you help us by letting us know how you linked evonoc.com and netXnap.com to Joshua, it will be a great help for us. Thank You.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I just signed up here for replying this thread. Well, a company I work for had their two servers scammed by this guy, the guy introduced himself as the owner of netXnap, who said he was going to buy FiberTown datacenter and sent us a video of our servers placed in the so called "fiber town" data center. We've decided to sue him legally, and upon closer inspection of the video, we found that the datacenter in the video was netrality. We called them and they said to call a guy called Robert Langley (said he was the systems manager or something), and this was the name on the whois records of the domain evonoc.com. So if you are sure that evonoc is indeed Joshua's then clearly he had impersonated Robert or Robert is Joshua. We tried Robert's number they gave, but the call was unanswered. I also tried contacting 365Networks on WHT, which I figured out was him because that accounts previous name was NetXNap. What we're still not sure is how to know that evonoc belongs to him. We have collected many domain supposed to be owned by him and calling people involved. @jarland, can you help us by letting us know how you linked evonoc.com and netXnap.com to Joshua, it will be a great help for us. Thank You.

I recommend contacting @turnerv about Joshua Prout. This is Valerie Turner, Assistant DA in Houston, Texas who is investigating him.

Thanked by 3Junkless W3C WSS
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@W3C said:
    I just signed up here for replying this thread. Well, a company I work for had their two servers scammed by this guy, the guy introduced himself as the owner of netXnap, who said he was going to buy FiberTown datacenter and sent us a video of our servers placed in the so called "fiber town" data center. We've decided to sue him legally, and upon closer inspection of the video, we found that the datacenter in the video was netrality. We called them and they said to call a guy called Robert Langley (said he was the systems manager or something), and this was the name on the whois records of the domain evonoc.com. So if you are sure that evonoc is indeed Joshua's then clearly he had impersonated Robert or Robert is Joshua. We tried Robert's number they gave, but the call was unanswered. I also tried contacting 365Networks on WHT, which I figured out was him because that accounts previous name was NetXNap. What we're still not sure is how to know that evonoc belongs to him. We have collected many domain supposed to be owned by him and calling people involved. @jarland, can you help us by letting us know how you linked evonoc.com and netXnap.com to Joshua, it will be a great help for us. Thank You.

Frankly the signs are subtle and not of legal value, but sometimes that's all you have to go on and it's enough to know.

See here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/houston-area-business-partner.12516/

You've got a Houston entrepreneur with dreams of colocating servers, uses namecheap shared hosting for the website, and enjoys the phrase "what not."

One might even think me crazy for considering those variables to be enough, yet I do. You have to when you're hunting this guy. Haven't had a false positive yet.

Thanked by 1W3C
  • @jarland is on the case. Don't know what we'd do without you <3

• Background story? Tell me the tale