Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, SoYouStart does eventually get around to replacing disks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So, SoYouStart does eventually get around to replacing disks

jaypeesmithjaypeesmith Member
edited July 2017 in General

I ordered a 1620v2 yesterday and got a pleasant surprise (the numbers were even more impressive yesterday).

Drive #1

9 Power_On_Hours 0x0012 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 51

Drive #2

It's rather nice to get some drives with less that 20,000 hours (though, for the price, I wouldn't complain either way).

Comments

• MaikoBMaikoB Member

:)

Have you already been a SoYouStart customer ? Because AKAIK, we don't deliver server with 20k hours drive ;)

• @jaypeesmith said:
    I ordered a 1620v2 yesterday and got a pleasant surprise (the numbers were even more impressive yesterday).

Drive #1

Drive #2

It's rather nice to get some drives with less that 20,000 hours (though, for the price, I wouldn't complain either way).

can you explain what's here writing? How many hours? I don't understand this string.

• YuraYura Member

@desperand 51 hours

• @MaikoB said:

Have you already been a SoYouStart customer ? Because AKAIK, we don't deliver server with 20k hours drive ;)

Mine was delivered with one drive at 19k hours though -_- The other at 12k.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

@DrFallen said:

@MaikoB said:

Probably a coincidence. I have two SYS servers with older drives, cheaper lineup, and both have 25-26K hours on the HDDs, though they work fine. If I am correct with the times, when I ordered them originally they would have had around 19K hours on them too so under the 20K.

• MaikoBMaikoB Member

@DrFallen said:

@MaikoB said:

Depend on the drive. If it's an HGST drive, they can handle a Power on Hours way higher than older disk that we used before on SyS (Toshiba, Hitachi, Seagate...).

;)

• Yeah I don't mind the hours as long as they work they are both HGST_HUS724030ALA640 btw they seemed to be getting low sync rates about 98k from rescue H/w test.

• @MaikoB said:

Yes, for a number of years now.

Here's one I got back in May (it's set to expire in the next day or so).

on the second drive, I only have 19088 power-on hours.

However, on the first drive, as of now, I have 24785 power-on hours. So, if you subtract 2 months, that still puts me well above the 20,000 hours at the time of delivery.

However, I've never experienced a drive failure with SoYouStart so, this is not a big deal to me.

• SoYouReplaceDisks

• MaikoBMaikoB Member

@jaypeesmith said:

@MaikoB said:

However, on the first drive, as of now, I have 24785 power-on hours. So, if you subtract 2 months, that still puts me well above the 20,000 hours at the time of delivery.

Ok. Should not be more than 20 000 with HGST drive at delivery time and 10 000 with other drive.

But if you feel that you want/need a drive to be changed, you can just ask the support and they have to do it.

However, I've never experienced a drive failure with SoYouStart so, this is not a big deal to me.

Good to hear :)

Thanked by 1jaypeesmith