Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

150 emails per hour
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

150 emails per hour

AthylAthyl Member

In tweak settings, I set 150 emails per hour but i saw that one my client send marketing email to his clients and 330 emails send without of any error, how?
Why cPanel not block it as its crossing the set limit of 150 per hour?

What to do if i want that user emails got blocked if they crossed the set limit?

Comments

• 150 emails per hour per domain name means server will send total 150 X 24 (hours) = 3600 emails from the server so if your client sent 330 emails then in an hour only 150 emails will be sent and remaining 180 emails (330 - 150) will be sent in next hour and remaining 30 emails (180 -150) will be sent in next hour.

I hope it helps. :)

Thanked by 1leyton
  • busbrbusbr Member

@24x7servermanagement said:
    150 emails per hour per domain name means server will send total 150 X 24 (hours) = 3600 emails from the server so if your client sent 330 emails then in an hour only 150 emails will be sent and remaining 180 emails (330 - 150) will be sent in next hour and remaining 30 emails (180 -150) will be sent in next hour.

24x7mathtutor at work.

• OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

150 emails per hour per domain name means server will send total 150 X 24 (hours) = 3600 emails from the server so if your client sent 330 emails then in an hour only 150 emails will be sent and remaining 180 emails (330 - 150) will be sent in next hour and remaining 30 emails (180 -150) will be sent in next hour.

Wow

• AthylAthyl Member

Are you sure about it that cPanel works in this way?
    And will it effect any other client as well? When some one send 300 emails and fill the mailbox queue now what about the other emails which are coming in regular way from any client? Will server pass it or make them to wait in mailbox queue until it pass the old emails?

Is it possible that server block the user and notify when they reach to 150 emails or i change the limit.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Athyl said:

And will it effect any other client as well? When some one send 300 emails and fill the mailbox queue now what about the other emails which are coming in regular way from any client? Will server pass it or make them to wait in mailbox queue until it pass the old emails?

Is it possible that server block the user and notify when they reach to 150 emails or i change the limit.

cPanel will queue everything that goes above sendling limit - however based on the "The percentage of email messages (above the account’s hourly maximum) to queue and retry for delivery" setting your server might discard. By default it allows 125% of the hourly limit, so in case you define 150 - the system will allow queueing 37.5 emails (not sure if it will be 37 or 38 actually).

• AthylAthyl Member

@Zerpy said:

@Atthyl said:

cPanel will queue everything that goes above sendling limit - however based on the "The percentage of email messages (above the account’s hourly maximum) to queue and retry for delivery" setting your server might discard. By default it allows 125% of the hourly limit, so in case you define 150 - the system will allow queueing 37.5 emails (not sure if it will be 37 or 38 actually).

Is it possible that server block the user email account until hour reset and notify when they reach to 150 emails?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Not out of the box.

• I don't think it's needed. Per me, cPanel will have priority of sending emails. Once an account has reached limit, other queues will be put separately than main queue and load back once the account limit is over.

P.S. I am not sure about above but my guess

No other account will be affected from sending email due to an account's queue stopped

• You need yourself mail-in-a-box.

• Get a vps.. using web hosts has restrictions.

• @cheapwebdev said:
    Get a vps.. using web hosts has restrictions.

What?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • AidanAidan Member

You really didn't read the first post.

• @Aidan said:

You really didn't read the first post.

I read it. It is a solution, never said it was relevant.

• AidanAidan Member

A solution to whom?

OP wants to rate-limit his clients email and you tell (someone?) to get a VPS & avoid web hosts?

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited July 2017

@Aidan said:

A solution to whom?

OP wants to rate-limit his clients email and you tell (someone?) to get a VPS & avoid web hosts?

He should see it as an opportunity to upsell. His client clearly has a need. He shouldn't ding his client and tell them that they are in violation or not allowed to do something. Instead reach out and say "Hey, I see you are overusing your service to do XYZ, we have other options more suited towards your needs....".

If anything, it will help him identify who to upsell to.