Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any news from nodion? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any news from nodion?

13»

Comments

• I personally do not expect nodion to raise prices on existing active contracts (like former LET offers).

Reason: Looking at how nodion kind of floated for a long time now it would be suicidal to basically fuck a whole lot of existing customers who loyally stuck with nodion. Thinking of the noise those existing customers would create nodion would risk to have their name burned for a long time.

What I would consider possible, even probable and in no way evil were for nodion to change/raise prices for new customers and products although I think a lot would depend on their panel and its reliability and functionality and features.

• msnmsn Member

@bsdguy: doesn't matter what you expect, here is what they said:

"
    If you have yearly services that are past their due date:
    They will get shutdown by 31st of January 2018.

If you have yearly services that should be still active:
    They will get shutdown by 31st of January 2018. We can offer you a partial refund for the time you paid in advance minus the time you have used your services. Alternatively, if you wish so we can honour the service period but after that we won’t extend your current deal, please contact us asap if that’s what you want.
    "

• @msn said:
    @bsdguy: doesn't matter what you expect, here is what they said:

"
    If you have yearly services that are past their due date:
    They will get shutdown by 31st of January 2018.

If you have yearly services that should be still active:
    They will get shutdown by 31st of January 2018. We can offer you a partial refund for the time you paid in advance minus the time you have used your services. Alternatively, if you wish so we can honour the service period but after that we won’t extend your current deal, please contact us asap if that’s what you want.
    "

Thanks. If that is indeed how they proceed, I'll have but a big "Fuck you!" for them. Btw, I still didn't get an email from them and I'm not in too much of an experimental mood anyway.

• WSSWSS Member

The way I look at it, @nik got fucked by VirtKick, and I've sat by patiently waiting for it to become usable. He offered a pro-rated refund for a service I haven't been able to use. I can't say I'm pleased that the same service is now 6x the cost of my entry-level purchase, but I also wish him no ill will. Hope he manages to survive.

• @WSS said:
    The way I look at it, @nik got fucked by VirtKick, and I've sat by patiently waiting for it to become usable. He offered a pro-rated refund for a service I haven't been able to use. I can't say I'm pleased that the same service is now 6x the cost of my entry-level purchase, but I also wish him no ill will. Hope he manages to survive.

There's others, too (e.g. myself) who always stood loyally by @nik/nodion, who wished him well, defended them, etc.

The more surprising are both his statement (see above) and his letting us wait and wait and wait, even for a promised email.

Like you I have no ill will against him/them but they are heftily stretching and stressing my patience, particularly when I have to learn that their "thank you" seems to be to increase prices 2 - 5 times.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • msnmsn Member

actually i did not even realize they did not have a controlpanel (until 2 weeks ago, when i wanted to check when i had to pay them), because their service worked flawless for over a year.
    But 4 times the money? I can get a better server somewhere else for that price. and kicking me out in just one week? thats outrageous..

• WSSWSS Member

@bsdguy said:
    Like you I have no ill will against him/them but they are heftily stretching and stressing my patience, particularly when I have to learn that their "thank you" seems to be to increase prices 2 - 5 times.

It's a rather bitter pill to swallow. Still, he's wasted less of my time and resources than HVH.

• @nik said:
    So as soon as everything is ready we will not launch the panel but have some big news to share.

Great news!

• For the sake of fairness: meanwhile @nik has contacted me. It just seems that he has a tremendous workload.