Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's encrypt gone on buyshared? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Let's encrypt gone on buyshared?

2»

Comments

• @jetchirag said:

@cyberpersons said:

@jetchirag said:
    It has been a month or more since it was removed

From the user side, you mean? (AutoSSL)

Third party plugin. After that AutoSSL was activated, I had few problems in beginning as it wasn't working properly (I guess due to litespeed or huge number of domains) but working great now.

Regarding huge number of domains, I think WHM have some sort of limit, no ?

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@cyberpersons said:

@jetchirag said:

@cyberpersons said:

@jetchirag said:
    It has been a month or more since it was removed

From the user side, you mean? (AutoSSL)

Third party plugin. After that AutoSSL was activated, I had few problems in beginning as it wasn't working properly (I guess due to litespeed or huge number of domains) but working great now.

Regarding huge number of domains, I think WHM have some sort of limit, no ?

If using Let's Encrypt provider via AutoSSL - then the normal rate limiting from LE follows - the cPanel Inc (signed by Comodo), has no rate limiting, but they have a 200 domain limit on each certificate.

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/Manage+AutoSSL

• NdhaNdha Member

@Francisco what cron?? since July 4th my sites (using LE before) give ssl warnings.. what steps to get AutoSSL working?? since there is no frontend to activate it..

Thanked by 1dwtbf
  • AidanAidan Member

Ndha said: since July 4th

It's the 11th of July today, have you thought about opening a ticket in the last 7 days?

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Ndha said:
    @Francisco what cron?? since July 4th my sites (using LE before) give ssl warnings.. what steps to get AutoSSL working?? since there is no frontend to activate it..

Open a ticket. We have a cron on our end but I can check to see why your sites won't renew.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • @Francisco said:

@Ndha said:

Open a ticket. We have a cron on our end but I can check to see why your sites won't renew.

Francisco

Maybe you did this already (doesn't hurt saying it though) but since the SSL's were generated using another tool and then you changed to AutoSSL you need to enable one feature:

Allow AutoSSL to replace invalid or expiring non-AutoSSL certificates. (found in Manage AutoSSL > Options)

If that option isn't enabled AutoSSL won't auto renew any SSL's that weren't generated through AutoSSL ;) this always catches me and its disabled by default

Thanked by 2hostdare Ndha
  • Well, the plugin by LetsEncrypt-for-cPanel isn't dead. I just got an email from Alex there saying Proxy Subdomain support is coming soon. I asked for an ETA and waiting for a response.

Thanked by 1dwtbf
  • DigitalFyreDigitalFyre Member
    edited July 2017

Official Response from LetsEncrypt-For-cPanel:

Here is the actual status of proxy subdomains feature:

1. We wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to cleanly integrate with cPanel's architecture to intercept validation requests for proxy subdomains, cuz cPanel do some not-so-straightforward stuff introduced with cPanel 64. That's the main reason the feature isn't released yet. However, we figured it out so now it's not an issue.

2. We have to determine what the UX of the feature is. Because our plugin gives a high level of control to the user, unlike AutoSSL, we end up with situation where basically "proxy subdomains" can be controlled for each individual name on a certificate. Also users may only want to have some of the proxy subdomains, maybe they only have DNS records for a select couple. This blows up the UI a lot. We can't just mirror AutoSSL features 1:1 because the inherent approach to SSL and management > actually differs a bit, it requires thought. So we are still experimenting with how to best expose it to the user. Maybe we can pump it out this in a week, maybe in 3-4.

That said, it's not like proxy subdomains are impossible today, you just have to use parked/addon domains to do it, if it's actually a critical requirement to the end-user. However I recognize that that's a cop-out response which is why we are working on the feature.

We actually didn't realize how much pressure was from the community for the feature, we only got 2 actual feature request emails for this in the entire history of the plugin, which is a very little compared to other feature requests actually.

1. Like indicated in our latest release notes, we are looking to the even-more-distant future as well, with DNS validation and with the announcement that LE will support Wildcards in Jan 2018, we are wanting to implement that as well. That's something that I have doubts whether cPanel AutoSSL will be able to support (due to DNS-only validation mechanism for wildcards as is required by the CA/B forum, AutoSSL currently not prepared for that IN MY BEST ESTIMATION - don't take it as fact).

tl;dr Proxy subdomains were already under development, they took longer than expected due to architectural changes in cPanel, ETA 1-4 weeks. Other cool features coming. Not dead.

Feel free to repost my response LowEndTalk if you want.

Alex

>

==================================

>

One change, I think my comment about being able to use addon/parked domains may be inaccurate. It's midnight here, not thinking too straight!

There you have it, folks :)

Thanked by 2caracal Ndha
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

zafouhar said: Allow AutoSSL to replace invalid or expiring non-AutoSSL certificates. (found in Manage AutoSSL > Options)

That's already enabled :)

Francisco

DigitalFyre said: There you have it, folks :)

Neat! I never had any replies so I had nothing more to go based off.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Typical LET thread. Simply as going to your hosting provider client area
    -Login
    -Click Open Ticket
    -Select department accordingly
    -Type your bullshit
    -Submit.

Thanked by 1dwtbf
  • dwtbfdwtbf Member

@Hxxx said:
    -Login
    -Click Open Ticket
    -Type your bullshit
    -Submit.

Typical LET complainer. Simply as you're* browsing,

• read the first post
    • don't read any other posts despite them saying yes a ticket a day ago
    • write your sarcastic reply
    • debate if it's cool enough for you
    • post it anyways
    • look like a fool after posting it due to lack of eyes to read posts
    Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Chill a bit boi.

@dwtbf said:

@Hxxx said:
    -Login
    -Click Open Ticket
    -Type your bullshit
    -Submit.

Typical LET complainer. Simply as you're* browsing,

• read the first post
    • don't read any other posts despite them saying yes a ticket a day ago
    • write your sarcastic reply
    • debate if it's cool enough for you
    • post it anyways
    • look like a fool after posting it due to lack of eyes to read posts
  • GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

-

• I signed up with BuyShared about 2-3 months ago and have been really very impressed with the support. I even received support on July 4th! OP could have easily just opened a support ticket and gotten a truthful response or assistance with renewing the cert.

I think BuyShared sets the bar pretty high though. I've searched and couldn't find dedicated IP and SSL via cpanel/Let's Encrypt from almost any provider without going VPS. Uptime has also been great (1 min check via Hetrixtools). Seems some people are overly critical of them here.

Thanked by 4Hxxx Francisco dwtbf Ndha