Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using 1fichier?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using 1fichier?

A question to those using 1fichier:

I am trying to find out how to move & copy files around, on the 1fichier platform, e.g. from folder to folder.

I cannot find any icon/button for that.

Thanked by 1plumberg

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Ympker

rubiohiguey said: I am trying to find out how to move & copy files around, on the 1fichier platform, e.g. from folder to folder.

probably simply not possible. delete and reupload.

Thanked by 1ismoz
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Falzo said:
    @Ympker

rubiohiguey said: I am trying to find out how to move & copy files around, on the 1fichier platform, e.g. from folder to folder.

probably simply not possible. delete and reupload.

^this

It is basically still just a file hosting platform with the possibility to upload some files in specific directories in order to allow some sort of organizing but that's basically it. FTP also is upload to root directory only.

• that_guythat_guy Member
    edited July 2017

Just tested this. I didn't find a way to copy files so far, but you can move files between folders via drag and drop.

I don't know why they don't have a move button. The french, eh? Their shower-cabin-toilets say it all. :-p

• @that_guy said:
    Just tested this. I didn't find a way to copy files so far, but you can move files between folders via drag and drop.

I don't know why they don't have a move button. The french, eh? Their shower-cabin-toilets say it all. :-p

Thank you. I tried drag and drop but it did not work. I had to do several attempts to make it work, I just kept trying HOW to do it, until I did it, knowing drag and drop does work given that you confirmed it.

Again, thank you. It's a bit uncomfortable way of moving files around, but better something than nothing.

• that_guythat_guy Member
    edited July 2017

@rubiohiguey said:
    Thank you. I tried drag and drop but it did not work. I had to do several attempts to make it work, I just kept trying HOW to do it, until I did it, knowing drag and drop does work given that you confirmed it.

I can confirm that drag'n'drop always works flawlessly for me using FireFox 54.0 on Win10 (and I disabled my adblocker for 1fichier.com).
    However, you indeed can't move the file from the right side to the folders above that file (the folders on the right)! You need to drag it onto the folder on the left side!

I also found a workaround to copy a file, by remote-downloading it (from your own account) to a different folder:

You go to "My files", select the file you want to copy, then use the "show the download link" button on the top. A popup should display a link like https://1fichier.com/?jzk6u49d98 .

Then you copy that link, and paste it in the "Remote Upload" section. There you can also select if the file should be downloaded to the rootfolder or to a subfolder. Don't choose the folder where the file already is!

Click on "valid". Then click on "pending downloads". At least after a few seconds it should show up there. After some more seconds or minutes click on "Finished Downloads" and it should eventually show up there.

Then check your folders under "My files" again. The file should now be in both folders.

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@that_guy said:

@rubiohiguey said:

I can confirm that drag'n'drop always works flawlessly for me using FireFox 54.0 on Win10 (and I disabled my adblocker for 1fichier.com).
    However, you indeed can't move the file from the right side to the folders above that file (the folders on the right)! You need to drag it onto the folder on the left side!

I also found a workaround to copy a file, by remote-downloading it (from your own account) to a different folder:

You go to "My files", select the file you want to copy, then use the "show the download link" button on the top. A popup should display a link like https://1fichier.com/?jzk6u49d98 .

Then you copy that link, and paste it in the "Remote Upload" section. There you can also select if the file should be downloaded to the rootfolder or to a subfolder. Don't choose the folder where the file already is!

Click on "valid". Then click on "pending downloads". At least after a few seconds it should show up there. After some more seconds or minutes click on "Finished Downloads" and it should eventually show up there.

Then check your folders under "My files" again. The file should now be in both folders.

Do you know how to download without seeing ads?
    I have a premiere account and the "show me the link" link shows ads in boxes all the time and I am logged in.

• ismozismoz Member
    edited August 2023

[REDACTED] probably simply not possible. delete and reupload.

• szymonpszymonp Member
    edited August 2023

@ismoz said:

First of all - necro. Also uses a scam link.
    Congratulations on your first comment!

Thanked by 2Xrmaddness ismoz
  • ismozismoz Member
    edited August 2023

@szymonp said:

@ismoz said:

First of all - necro. Also uses a scam link.
    Congratulations on your first comment!

thanks.

This discussion has been closed.