Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortatrust adding non paying clients to shameroll with a public blacklist page - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fortatrust adding non paying clients to shameroll with a public blacklist page

13»

Comments

• DarwinDarwin Member
    edited January 2014

@rds100 said:
    Well, that sounds like a terribly insecure system. I can't imagine my bank allowing anyone to withdraw random amounts of money from my account without me explicitly authorizing this.

I think that guy had that authorized, but trusted that fortatrust would stop using his account as payment method.

As a former bank worker I bet that nickyfaning, took a few months to find those abusive charges and asked his bank for a refund which was declined.

• Fortatrust is the biggest fraud company.But my question here is does any of member or company have a balls to sue them?Answer is No you guys can only talk and talk.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@instatech said:
    Fortatrust is the biggest fraud company.But my question here is does any of member or company have a balls to sue them?Answer is No you guys can only talk and talk.

Have you sued them? Something about stones and glass houses...

• instatech said: Fortatrust is the biggest fraud company.But my question here is does any of member or company have a balls to sue them?Answer is No you guys can only talk and talk.

And what you're doing right now if different, how? Why don't you go ahead and sue them yourself?

• @dhamaniasad said:
    And what you're doing right now if different, how? Why don't you go ahead and sue them yourself?

If I would I could I would not be writing here.I admit I don't have that much power to sue them but I did not see a single member here or anywhere else who is able to file single lawsuit against them. They don't give a fuck about what we say here or anywhere else we have to do something better to teach them a lesson. Also I remember a popular sentence "Action speak louder than words". So lets do it guys let bring them down to there knees.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@instatech said:
    If I would I could I would not be writing here.I admit I don't have that much power to sue them but I did not see a single member here or anywhere else who is able to file single lawsuit against them. They don't give a fuck about what we say here or anywhere else we have to do something better to teach them a lesson. Also I remember a popular sentence "Action speak louder than words". So lets do it guys let bring them down to there knees.

Stones, glass houses.

• instatech said: If I would I could I would not be writing here.I admit I don't have that much power to sue them but I did not see a single member here or anywhere else who is able to file single lawsuit against them. They don't give a fuck about what we say here or anywhere else we have to do something better to teach them a lesson. Also I remember a popular sentence "Action speak louder than words". So lets do it guys let bring them down to there knees.

I, for one, have never used either Fortatrust or whatever their parent company is, and as long as they haven't wronged me in any way, I don't think I can just sue them because they listed 'someone else's' details on their website. But I don't see why people who've been cheated by them wouldn't be willing to sue them, apart from the fact that no one here would want to get into that sort of hassle.

• jreedsjreeds Member

I recently published a fortatrust review on my website to make their fraudulent practices public. I am sure alot of customers have filed complaints with FTC but no action has been taken so far against them. I have even reported them to Google Adwords which is their main source of getting new customers but Google has not taken any action so far against a fraudulent advertiser which is a matter of concern as more people will get robbed if they continue business. I am also working on to reveal 2 other companies that are linked with fortatrust. I can't reveal the names now as I am still taking their statements and collecting information. They claim they are not linked with fortatrust in any way but I am sure there is a connection. I will update my review with an update soon. We are not just looking at one but a group of fraudulent hosting providers operated by the same people. Please leave your reviews if you have used them before.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited May 2014

@jreeds said:
    I recently published a fortatrust review on my website to make their fraudulent practices public. I am sure alot of customers have filed complaints with FTC but no action has been taken so far against them. I have even reported them to Google Adwords which is their main source of getting new customers but Google has not taken any action so far against a fraudulent advertiser which is a matter of concern as more people will get robbed if they continue business. I am also working on to reveal 2 other companies that are linked with fortatrust. I can't reveal the names now as I am still taking their statements and collecting information. They claim they are not linked with fortatrust in any way but I am sure there is a connection. I will update my review with an update soon. We are not just looking at one but a group of fraudulent hosting providers operated by the same people. Please leave your reviews if you have used them before.

Would be a better spam attempt if you had more than 1 post, and post on a 5 month old topic.

their site doesn't even load anyway, do they even have the blacklist still?

• jreedsjreeds Member

Well, its not a spam attempt. And you're right their site's not loading now but it was an hour back. I think they need a good host themselves first before selling hosting to others.

• earlearl Member

@jreeds

Their google + page seems to be the first result when searching for fortatrust.. maybe you can put your review there.

• jreedsjreeds Member

@earl I was wondering why no one has left a review on there. They can delete the page anytime so maybe it won't help.

• earlearl Member

@jreeds said:
    earl I was wondering why no one has left a review on there. They can delete the page anytime so maybe it won't help.

Well from google's guide lines it seem you can flag a comment for removal, so I don't think the owner has the ability to remove comments on his own since that would defeated the purpose of having a review site.. but yes I find odd too that they don't have a single comment!

• vedranvedran Veteran

That's one long URL

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • marcnzmarcnz Member
    edited September 2014

It is interesting that there is always one name coming up on all FortaTrust default payment:

Mr. Octavio Diaz.

More interesting is that his email is under Telio Rodrigo - [email protected]!

They do have things to hide it seems.

I am also a victim. I just received the Debt Collection Notification today after several email exchanged with Octavio!

I signed up for a $285/year V8 dedicated server on 2-Sep-2013. I paid with PayPal.

The next day when I realized I made a huge mistake signing up with a company with so many complaints by other users (I should have done that first!), I used the FortaTrust Support Ticket system to cancel my account. A ticket was generated but I never received any other information. I sent a few more email to that ticket reference and finally contacted PayPal to cancel that transaction and refund my money.

I would never pay with anything else than PayPal for any online services. PayPal was quick to refund and they also never got any response from FortaTrust.

Incredibly, FortaTrust never contacted me when the payment was reversed and they lost that money. Still I could log into my FortaTrust account. But never connected to the VPS!

Just a couple weeks ago I received a Renewal notification for that service I assumed was legitimately cancelled. I immediately created a new support ticket to remind them I cancelled that service one day it was created and they should not have it running still!

I then received an email from Octavio about credit card not valid! Hehehe. Of course all was cancelled at PayPal. I responded to his email and for the next weeks, he never acknowledged the service was cancelled.

He just sent me the last email from the debt collection notification today! He always asks me to call. But I am in Australia and there is no way I will waste my money and energy calling this guy. He has my number and he can call me following the correct timezone!

Needless to say that I will never pay this new invoice which also has late fees from the last invoice.

I have lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I really hope people will read all the complaints before signing up with FortaTrust. Then if they really want to go ahead, they must make sure they use a PayPal account as it is likely something will go wrong and payments should be stopped.

How can a company still be allowed to receive payment with a PayPal account despites all the complaints PayPal has probably received and reversed transactions on that account?

Good luck to all Forta"Un"Trust" customers.

• @marcnz im sure @jar could direct you in what to say as afaik he had the same issue and got them off his back

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Spencer said:
    marcnz im sure jar could direct you in what to say as afaik he had the same issue and got them off his back

Well kind of. The invoice won't go away. If I get a call from a debt collector well, the owner of this scam better buy a dog.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • BlueVM said: @earl - Server Pronto = FortaTrust = Scam = Do NOT buy.

ServerPronto... IIRC, they had an IRC Sever and the owner of the company is a guy named Yash... I wonder if my memory is serving right.

• Did they delete the page already?

• Oh wow just saw when thread was posted, LOL