Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SupremeBytes, LLC Acquires SwiftVM - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SupremeBytes, LLC Acquires SwiftVM

Comments

• SwitchVM isnt us, I'll leave this conversation now, Good luck to SupremeBytes and I hope the very best for our clients.

• DamienSBDamienSB Member
    edited July 2013

redacted

• Really sad news about SwiftVM. It is hard, speaking from the point of view of a new provider.
    so we are going to provide a 25% using promo code: SwiftVM for all new and existing clients.

• @Corey said:
    That's sucks we were an interested buyer but we only got one reply and never talked $$$

Same here. It wasn't a proper discussion. Never accounted for the best interest of clients and evaluating all the proposals at hand.

• @Corey @Concerto49

I must stress that I was not the one who made the deal with SupremeBytes, However if the option was mine, I would of explored all options, I'm sure you will agree that SupremeBytes have a good reputation and will hold the clients well. The best interest was taken into account as we learned SupremeBytes had a local Colocation rack.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited July 2013

@azzavps said:
    Really sad news about SwiftVM. It is hard, speaking from the point of view of a new provider.
    so we are going to provide a 25% using promo code: SwiftVM for all new and existing clients.

I've added one, it's the following "childishbusinesspractices" you save a whopping 0%

Best of luck to those with SwiftVM and now SupremeBytes.

Thanked by 2eastonch Hassan
  • @eastonch said:
    Corey Concerto49

I must stress that I was not the one who made the deal with SupremeBytes, However if the option was mine, I would of explored all options, I'm sure you will agree that SupremeBytes have a good reputation and will hold the clients well. The best interest was taken into account as we learned SupremeBytes had a local Colocation rack.

This sounds even worse. I thought it was a partnership or at least a team? I know every well that despite my team doesn't have "ownership" or a large share of it, I'd consult my team before making a move. Don't you guys work together and decide as a team called SwiftVM?

Thanks for the solid response though. I can see you would have made a good judgement and at least evaluated something.

I have nothing against SupremeBytes. Did not say that. All I said was there should have been a proper evaluation process regardless.

• bdtechbdtech Member

Extremely swift

• @Concerto49

With personal issues being in the way, I didn't find the time to get indepthly involved in the last couple of days, Jordy the owner, contacted me and said we were struggling, we decided we would take the intelligent choice to close down.

I saw a couple of tickets roll in that were about purchasing clients, I wasn't available to respond to them, but if I had been free today, I'd of contacted each one. I havent spoken to Jordy about the other offers, but as forementioned, SupremeBytes have taken over and hopefully will serve the clients well.

We do discuss and will continue to, we're friends, not just partners from similar backgrounds.

@bdtech we lasted just over 4 months, Much longer than most /summer/ hosts, we were not a summer host, never planned it, this wasnt a get rich quick scheme, infact, with prices being pretty close to the cost value, we didnt turn over anything massive. We invested so many hours into the setup and the execution of the venture, it's a shame we havent made it further.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited July 2013

@eastonch - oh I thought you were a owner too? So you just helped out?

• @concerto49 we both ran the company together.

• DamienSBDamienSB Member
    edited July 2013

SupremeBytes, LLC Acquires SwiftVM

COLUMBUS, OHIO - 16 JULY, 2013
    As part of SupremeBytes continuing expansion, we are pleased to announce the recent acquisition of SwiftVM, a hosting services company. With the advantage of a solid infrastructure, based in Los Angeles, CA, this acquisition of SwiftVM’s will encompass all current customer base and all services within. The new expansion of SupremeBytes, a forerunner in virtual machine hosting services, will continue to provide superb hosting to all SwiftVM's customers.

Both organizations are working side by side to ensure a seamless migration process. A Better Business Bureau accredited company, SupremeBytes understands the quality support SwiftVM’s customers are accustomed to, and will continue to provide top level support.

"The virtual hosting industry is fast expanding, and customers require, fast, flexible, and solid infrastructures. This is exactly what SupremeBytes provides, especially as we continue to grow" - Damien Burke, CEO.

About SupremeBytes
    SupremeBytes, LLC was founded in February of 2010 in Columbus, Ohio. Still locally based in Columbus, SupremeBytes provides virtualization, reseller, domain services, and shared hosting solutions worldwide. From a single cPanel dedicated server, SupremeBytes is now a competitive presence on the local and global hosting market, spanning 3 countries, and still expanding today.

SupremeBytes, LLC
    P.O. Box 13746
    Columbus, Ohio 43213
    United States
    Toll-Free: +1 (888) 622-2983
    Local: +1 (614) 636-4875
    Fax: +1 (614) 636-4877
    www.supremebytes.com

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited July 2013

Nobody quoted that mail so he did it himself. :P

since I made comments on the first mail, for the last one I would just point at the date

• @DalComp said:
    Nobody quoted that mail so he did it himself. :P

That email was sent out a few hours later.

• @DamienSB said:
    infrastructure, based in Los Angeles, CA

I.. ah, isn't SwiftVM in San Diego?

• Yes, right now it is in San Diego. We are still working on plans for where we're going to move the nodes.

• vanarpvanarp Member

@Brightbull I am guessing that you recovered from the losses with the sale of SwiftVM. Any plans to start a sustainable hosting business soon?

• I've changed the thread title to avoid confusion.

• @vanarp not sure if you meant that in a good or bad way; but no, no plans to start again, at least for a while.

• vanarpvanarp Member

@Brightbull said:
    not sure if you meant that in a good or bad way; but no, no plans to start again, at least for a while.

I am an existing client of SwiftVM and I am not at all happy about how things happened over the weekend.

• @vanarp absolutely, there are no excuses I can make up for this. We didnt really think it through and our closing process wasn't one of the smoothest as you noticed. Unfortunately things just turned out as they did and me and Cris take full responsibility for it.

• @Vanarp @Brightbull I personally don't think that the process was great, however, luckily we found some unexpected offers from another company, allowing you to keep an affordable and powerful VPS while staying with a renowned company like SupremeBytes.

I don't think it's effective to place blame.

• @vanarp said:
    I am an existing client of SwiftVM and I am not at all happy about how things happened over the weekend.

Me too, i have to move all my sites to new provider and it took me much time. Service is good but i moved, and i will submit refund request tonight.

• Now their client area is dead.

• @MorningIris said:
    Now their client area is dead.

You should login to https://secure.supremebytes.com/billing/clientarea.php to access your account.

• @DamienSB does the link work?

• It loads fine for me. What error do you get?

• nothing, it does not connect.

• The connection has timed out

• PM Please.