Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for sponsors for a big open source project
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for sponsors for a big open source project

Hey, I am looking for 2-3 servers in different datacenters, any country, for http://www.jsdelivr.com/

Dedi or KVM VPS to run Docker.

4GB+ RAM
4+ CPU cores
20GB+ SSD

The higher the specs the better.

They are going to be used to run our new origin. The app is CPU heavy!

Depending on the cost of the sponsored servers I will add you in different places on our website http://www.jsdelivr.com/sponsors/become-a-sponsor

(Also we have a new much cooler website coming soon)

Thanks in advance

Thanked by 1ljseals

Comments

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited July 2017

here 2 core cpu kvm \ unlimited traffic
    contact me

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jimaekjimaek Member

Because I received a few PMs with questions I want to be clear that I am not looking for servers to be part of the CDN itself. They are not going to serve traffic to users.

The servers are going to be the origin and will serve traffic only to CDN providers to get cached.

• Mind leaving demos if possible?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2017

@perryoo11 said:
    Mind leaving demos if possible?

Clearly didn't search around A demo? Do you even know what a CDN is?

Thanked by 3netomx k0nsl WebProject
  • I use this site on almost all project for jquery and others. I thought it would be having some huge datacenter :|

• jimaekjimaek Member

There is no need for a huge datacenter. We only need to serve the file to our CDN providers. After that they cache it and can serve it billions of times without touching our server again.

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • dwtbfdwtbf Member

@jimaek said:
    There is no need for a huge datacenter. We only need to serve the file to our CDN providers. After that they cache it and can serve it billions of times without touching our server again.

I have two servers I don't use that can run docker, one in USA, one in Canada. Pm me if you want them, they're paid in full till Dec 12, 2018

• I would be nervous to have a cdn serve javascript files with the cdn owner not being 100% in control of the box, which is what happens if you use someone else's server.

• DT_DT_ Member

What's the monthly $11,450 being spent on from your "sponsors"?

Thanked by 1dwtbf
  • jimaekjimaek Member

We dont have a single sponsor giving cash. They all sponsor services worth $x per month.

Also I am not looking for individuals to give me servers, but established hosting companies. Security is obviously top priority.

Thanked by 2DT_ dwtbf
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Can sponsor a server in Poland/Ukraine let me know your exact requirements.

• cociucociu Member

i can make this in Romania , pm if you are interesed.

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

I can make this in St.Petersburg / Khabarovsk, Please PM me if you're interested.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Feel free to fill the "iKoua supports your project" form.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jimaekjimaek Member

Will do, thanks

• @doghouch said:

@perryoo11 said:
    Mind leaving demos if possible?

Clearly didn't search around A demo? Do you even know what a CDN is?

I was looking without my eyes.
    I know what a cdn is

• busbrbusbr Member

@aveline said:
    I can make this in St.Petersburg / Khabarovsk, Please PM me if you're interested.

Who do you represent?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jimaek said: We serve about 15billion HTTP requests per month and are the 4th largest public CDN

Wow, that's really impressive! Congrats.

BTW, who's 1-3? Akamai #1? And then...?

• @raindog308 said:

jimaek said: We serve about 15billion HTTP requests per month and are the 4th largest public CDN

Just click the damn link already.

• jimaek said: 15billion HTTP requests per month

Wow. Definitely a big cog in the wheel. I suppose sponsors are what's keeping the thing going. The sponsor costs are a bit steep for me but I'd certainly pay a one off fee for getting a link from your site.

• jihchijihchi Member

@raindog308 said:

https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/content_delivery/all

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

raindog308 said: Wow, that's really impressive! Congrats.

I think there is a little bit of confusion of what the "CDN" is in this thread's context.

jsDeliver, CDNJS or Google Hosted Libs are all services where they host the same library (css/js usually) so assuming everyone uses them in their website its already in local storage/cache in browses (since they are all the same URLs)

While @raindog308 (and some others?) you might be thinking in terms of actual network CDN delivery, like the cloudflare, fastly, Akamai's of the world

also slight side note, but the looks of things jsDeliever and a few others on that list simply utilize CF. However like mentioned earlier the point is for everyone to use the same domain/url for hitting the local browser caches

• Zappie said: also slight side note, but the looks of things jsDeliever and a few others on that list simply utilize CF. However like mentioned earlier the point is for everyone to use the same domain/url for hitting the local browser caches

Indeed. Also worth saying that the metrics, whether it be unique uncached servings, 304's or otherwise, the metrics are a massive guess.

• @jimaek said:
    We serve about 15billion HTTP requests per month and are the 4th largest public CDN https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/content_delivery/all

15B is quite a number, great job there. :)

• fLoofLoo Member

I can offer you two machines. Please contact me @ fs -att- uniquoo.com. Appreciated.

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/us.misaka.html

@busbr said:

@aveline said:

Who do you represent?

• I can offer you VPS in France and Canada. Private Message me if you're still seeking.

• We can offer vps in Amsterdam / Stockholm x2 DC's. PM if interesting