Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proxmox 5 Released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxmox 5 Released

YuraYura Member

From the Proxmox forum:

We are very happy to announce the final release of our Proxmox VE 5.0 - based on the great Debian 9 codename "Stretch" and a Linux Kernel 4.10.

New Proxmox VE Storage Replication Stack
Replicas provide asynchronous data replication between two or multiple nodes in a cluster, thus minimizing data loss in case of failure. For all organizations using local storage the Proxmox replication feature is a great option to increase data redundancy for high I/Os avoiding the need of complex shared or distributed storage configurations.

With Proxmox VE 5.0 Ceph RBD becomes the de-facto standard for distributed storage. Packaging is now done by the Proxmox team. The Ceph Luminous is not yet production ready but already available for testing. If you use Ceph, follow the recommendations below.

We also have a simplified procedure for disk import from different hypervisors. You can now easily import disks from VMware, Hyper-V, or other hypervisors via a new command line tool called ‘qm importdisk’.

Other new features are the live migration with local storage via QEMU, added USB und Host PCI address visibility in the GUI, bulk actions and filtering options in the GUI and an optimized NoVNC console.

And as always we have included countless bugfixes and improvements on a lot of places.

Video
Watch our short introduction video - What's new in Proxmox VE 5.0?

=============

So this release was announced on the Proxmox forum 50 minutes ago.

I just checked and it's possible to install on Kimsufi already. Online.net control panel doesn't have PVE 5 just yet.

Comments

• TomTom Member

Premium

• Premium

• YuraYura Member

@racksx said:
    @Yura, use the iso directly :) https://www.proxmox.com/en/downloads

Thanks. I'm not one of the brave souls to roll out .0 releases into production, I'm gonna use Kimsufi to see if they ironed out bugs in 2 previous betas :)

Proxmox team does a great job. Thanks to everyone involved in this project, guys!

Thanked by 2Falzo Ympker
  • Marcel40625Marcel40625 Member
    edited July 2017

you should alway install it on your own ... you never know what your host puts in the installation. And for Proxmox its very easy

• racksxracksx Member

Looks like online.net just added proxmox v5

• WSSWSS Member

Tried to convince a coder I know to upgrade his 4.3 before considering doing the same (he's a horrible admin). He balked at it, so I had him install Void Linux instead.

I'm a horrible person.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@TheXO said:
    Am i able to upgrade safely from 4.x to 5.x without any damage? (SYS 4.x Installation)
    It went total shit when 5.x was alpha.

Yeah afraid of doing so...

Thanked by 1WSS
  • JarryJarry Member
    edited July 2017

@TheXO said:
    Am i able to upgrade safely from 4.x to 5.x without any damage? (SYS 4.x Installation)
    It went total shit when 5.x was alpha.

I just checked Proxmox forum: there are a lot of complains concerning 4->5 upgrade. Probably not so safe as it should be. Major versions upgrades are not so simple, as not only Proxmox, but also underlying Debian has to be upgraded...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@TheXO said:
    it went total insane on an upgade on SYS install 2 months ago, the kernel got messed, the vms wouldn't start, network card wouldn't want to work, disk performance went -50%
    I would honestly stick to a stable proxmox 4.x if it's working fine

Oh man. I hope you have backups.

• cociucociu Member

WSS said: WSS

man , welcome , really welcome !!!!

Thanked by 2WSS S3phy
  • cociucociu Member

TheXO said: @cociu welcome to the low-end sister fucking community.

where ? where ? i dont see the category ....

Thanked by 2netomx S3phy
  • YuraYura Member

@cociu said:

TheXO said: @cociu welcome to the low-end sister fucking community.

where ? where ? i dont see the category ....

You are the whole category...

Thanked by 2cociu netomx
  • cociucociu Member
    edited July 2017

Yura said: You are the whole category...

i need one with 21 years , one black , one wite , one with blonde hair , one with black hair, one for me with 50 kg , and one with +100 for my brothers from LET !

Thanked by 3karjaj netomx S3phy