Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare SSL ISSUE too slow
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare SSL ISSUE too slow

Hello

I have used cloudflare for a long time.

Generally SSL starts working instantly now it has been more than 3 days it is stuck at initializing certificate

The Support team has not replied to my ticket which is over 2 days

I am aware that free users should be given less support but SSL in past was activated in few mins

Any ideas

BTW Domain TLD is .us eventhough I think its unrelated

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Not much you can do when they are not providing support.

Either you need to wait for the response or this SSL to activate, or start paying so you can demand support.

• Why don't you use Let's encrypt? Cloudflare will increase website load time.

@drdrake said:
    Why don't you use Let's encrypt? Cloudflare will increase website load time.

How can he use Let's Encrypt when Cloudflare has to do MITM on his website? I don't think you can upload own certificates in the free version.

• ArchArch Member

@Clouvider said:

@drdrake said:

How can he use Let's Encrypt when Cloudflare has to do MITM on his website? I don't think you can upload own certificates in the free version.

From what I recall, you may use your own certificate as long as it's not an EV.

@Arch_Liam you could be right - I've not logged in for over a year. Last I checked myself it was either theirs or none.

If you can upload your own certificate, then why OP don't go for Comodo at $5 and be done with it ?

• ArchArch Member

@Clouvider said:
    @Arch_Liam you could be right - I've not logged in for over a year. Last I checked myself it was either theirs or none.

If you can upload your own certificate, then why OP don't go for Comodo at $5 and be done with it ?

I just looked it up - I was wrong. However, it does look like they offer something like $5 for a dedicated certificate, which is a lot cheaper than their $20/mo plan. I'd bet if you were paying for that, they'd have the support available to help resolve your issue.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2017

Actually, you can use your own certificate just fine. I myself is using cloudflare. I am using shared ssl certificate. Works great so far. But some control panel automatically generate let's encrypt certificate, and it works fine with my cloudflare. I mainly using cloudflare to reducing the hop, makes my site load significantly faster.

Sometimes I reach the let's encrypt ssl limit, that's when Cloudflare Free Wildcard SSL comes into play.

• noamannoaman Member

Okay

I was looking for full SSL option and it was stuck for.more than three days...

Now its set for flexible and still not working

I wante to use CF thats all

Note

I hve lets encrypt working perfecty..

Just wanted to use caching and other benefits of cloudflare....

• @noaman said:
    Okay

Note

You can set the full option from CF and use cpanel provided SSL?

• vovlervovler Member

@cyberpersons said:

@noaman said:
    Okay

Note

To have the full option or the full strict you still need to wait for cloudflare to issue their shared SSL. They usually take from few minutes to few hours to issue it, but this case seems to be an exception

• If website is not active, you can try to remove and reactivate CloudFlare

• noamannoaman Member

@cyberpersons said:

@noaman said:
    Okay

Note

No cpanel 1 website 1 vps...lolx...

Installing panel is simple not recommended in my case

Now coming to point

Yes ssl certificates are installed and working correctly if CF is turned off

Bu the problem lies in the issuance of the certificatecertificate in cf

@vovler said:

@cyberpersons said:

@noaman said:
    Okay

Note

To have the full option or the full strict you still need to wait for cloudflare to issue their shared SSL. They usually take from few minutes to few hours to issue it, but this case seems to be an exception

Exactly my point dont know what to do :-)

• Can you try delete it from cf and add it again?

• vovlervovler Member

Try with another domain, if you have one. Maybe try with a .com, since this one is .us
    If the issue continues with the test domain, try to create another account...? I dont know :|

• noamannoaman Member

@robohost said:
    Can you try delete it from cf and add it again?

Its a live domain....

@vovler said:
    Try with another domain, if you have one. Maybe try with a .com, since this one is .us
    If the issue continues with the test domain, try to create another account...? I dont know :|

Okay will test

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

@noaman said:

@robohost said:

Its a live domain....

@vovler said:

Okay will test

I think delete CF and change your domain nameserver back to original ,and change it back to CF does not affect you anything at all.

in best efforts, the cached domain dns results won't even be affected and realized nameserver and IP address was changed

• @Clouvider said:

@drdrake said:

I meant to use cloudflare for dns only.

• noamannoaman Member
    edited July 2017

@qtwrk said:

@noaman said:

@robohost said:

Its a live domain....

@vovler said:

Okay will test

I think delete CF and change your domain nameserver back to original ,and change it back to CF does not affect you anything at all.

in best efforts, the cached domain dns results won't even be affected and realized nameserver and IP address was changed

Yes I forgot about the caching

Now

WORKING LIKE A CHARM :-)

SOLUTION:

Removed Domain from CF and then add it again ....

/thread