Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small town transit - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small town transit

2»

Comments

• @Edmond said:
    You probably could get it working with wireless repeaters, depending on how far each person is to another but I'm not too sure...

Is Comcast putting you on their business plans or something? Otherwise you aren't legally allow to resell their stuff, but who's there to watch anyway... I wonder if it's cheaper to get IP transit from some cheap business internet company like Hurricane Electric, but it all depends on where the PoPs are..

Hurricane won't build out a fiber line and hurricane can't really go anywhere consolated communications isent located. I am going to be on Comcast business correct that is the only way they would allow the ips as well as allow me to use my own hardware.

• shellshell Member

in indonesia we call it "RT/RW Net"
    you subscribe internet connection, then resell it to your neighbour. mostly they use wireless to connect all client. this very popular few years ago when ISP/provider internet access don't have coverage to small village, small city etc. using RT/RW Net we can get internet access in area that isp/provider don't have coverage.

the problem is legal issue, some provider not allow to resell their service.

*sorry for my english

Thanked by 2Subzero08 Aidan
  • Subzero08Subzero08 Member
    edited July 2017

@shell said:
    you subscribe internet connection, then resell it to your neighbour. mostly they use wireless to connect all client. this very popular few years ago when ISP/provider internet access don't have coverage to small village, small city etc. using RT/RW Net we can get internet access in area that isp/provider don't have coverage.

*sorry for my english

I think I'm able to reuse the connection multiple places due to being on Comcast business I'm not sure though I'll ask my rep come Wednesday.

I want to be able to provide my friends with good wifi and perhaps a dedicated line to my few neighbors.

Hell a good tv connection maybe some cable would be good for us poor people lol.

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited July 2017

@Subzero08 said:

@shell said:

*sorry for my english

I think I'm able to reuse the connection multiple places due to being on Comcast business I'm not sure though I'll ask my rep come Wednesday.

I want to be able to provide my friends with good wifi and perhaps a dedicated line to my few neighbors.

Depending if your going to dedicate parts of your bandwidth to people or just have the whole line a fair share thing and how many people are on it, 100mbps may not be enough. And wasn't it $150 for 50mbps, your paying a lot more to get a dedicated line coming in now..

• Subzero08Subzero08 Member
    edited July 2017

@Edmond said:

@Subzero08 said:

@shell said:

*sorry for my english

Depending if your going to dedicate parts of your bandwidth to people or just have the whole line a fair share thing and how many people are on it, 100mbps may not be enough. And wasn't it $150 for 50mbps, your paying a lot more to get a dedicated line coming in now..

Yes I could delegate it I'd have to speak with the rep though to be sure its legal before taking those steps.