Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limiting payment method by Customer or Product in WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Limiting payment method by Customer or Product in WHMCS

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Is it possible to limit the payment method for a given product in WHMCS?

For example, if you only want to accept payments via BitPay, and no other gateway for a particular item, is there a way to do this. In theory, you can set the accepted payment gateways for a product group, so that product group will default to whatever methods you select, but this does not stop you from changing payment method later on. Or am I missing something?

Comments

• How about creating a group and add only one product inside it. Then from here: http://imgur.com/a/GKhRt

You can uncheck all other payment options and keep the one you are interested in, I think that would work?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

cyberpersons said: I think that would work?

That is exactly the method I described in my post. It does not really work since customers can change the payment method when viewing the invoice, and they can still 'add-funds' to the account using other payment methods available. Seems like a bug to me.

• @randvegeta said:

cyberpersons said: I think that would work?

That is exactly the method I described in my post. It does not really work since customers can change the payment method when viewing the invoice, and they can still 'add-funds' to the account using other payment methods available. Seems like a bug to me.

At least they can not see while ordering. :)

@cyberpersons said:
    At least they can not see while ordering. :)

Well then I guess I need a separate billing system for such 'functionality'.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

Yeah it would indeed be incredibly useful, I believe there is a feature request on the WHMCS feature requests page however they have pretty much ignored that for about 3 years now so I don't see it happening tbh.

It seems to me that WHMCS put about 95% of the development work based on what they want/need for running WHMCS itself rather than consider what may actually be good for customers.

• Setup - Products - edit group
    You can find it, but can only be used when ordering

@Pusehost said:
    Setup - Products - edit group

I can only assume this was posted to up your post count in order to qualify for a provider tag.

I already mentioned this method in my original post, and that is also what has been discussed in subsequent posts. This method does not work, but thank you for you 'input'.

• @randvegeta said:

@Pusehost said:
    Setup - Products - edit group

I can only assume this was posted to up your post count in order to qualify for a provider tag.

I already mentioned this method in my original post, and that is also what has been discussed in subsequent posts. This method does not work, but thank you for you 'input'.

:)