Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndUbuntu - Script based off the original lowendscript
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndUbuntu - Script based off the original lowendscript

marshallfordmarshallford Member
edited July 2013 in Tutorials

Hello Everyone!

Just quickly posting my new project, lowendubuntu.

EDIT: This script is in beta, act accordingly.

I'll add more information to this thread later, but right now I just want to get some feedback and get the discussion going.

Thanks.

Comments

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Nice, what is the minium RAM required?

• marshallfordmarshallford Member
    edited July 2013

The readme lists APC's configured cache to 48MB and PHP's memory limit at 156MB. Once you factor in Nginx, I say you probably can run this on a 256MB box. Although I should warn you this project is very much beta.

• Awesome, looking forward for CentOS version :)

• kaflokaflo Member

For CentOS there's centminmod - centminmod.com

Thanked by 1xDragonZ
  • MunMun Member

Why are you using MySQL, it is deprecated and not going to be supported as much in newer releases. Move it to either mariadb or percona. ( I personally prefer percona)

• @Mun said:
    Why are you using MySQL, it is deprecated and not going to be supported as much in newer releases. Move it to either mariadb or percona. ( I personally prefer percona)

Wow! You're right, MariaDB does look like a good alternative. Plus it looks like WordPress works with MariaDB.

• MunMun Member

@marshallford said:
    Wow! You're right, MariaDB does look like a good alternative. Plus it looks like WordPress works with MariaDB.

Percona does as well.

http://www.gaming-servers.net/ is functioning on it.

• I suggest a parameter to trow out stinking PHP for those who do their stuff in Perl or cgi-bin. :)

• @marshallford if you don't mind, actually i don't understand what is it. Can you explain it please?

• @Mun said:
    Why are you using MySQL, it is deprecated and not going to be supported as much in newer releases.

Are you sure?