Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I violated SpeedyKVM's terms of service to abuse promotion codes. My account was terminated. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I violated SpeedyKVM's terms of service to abuse promotion codes. My account was terminated.

13»

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Man, so much crying from OP. Get over it. It was your fault.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

You said them nonsense and I think that is the reason for account closing.

@bdwebservices said:
    Again clarification:

1. I violate TOS that's why they sent $10 Violation fee which is I paid!

2. They re-activate VPS again (after $10 violation fee and requesting regular order).

3. Finally they Close my account and terminate VPS (without Warning or Proper reason, because I said "This is my 1st and last order")

4. They refund me.

I don't crying for VPS I want to say they are Rude, Aggressive, unprofessional and as per their Website title "They are Totally Nonsense"

Thank you all!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Dead horse = flogged

Thanked by 1netomx
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

bdwebservices said: I want to say they are Rude, Aggressive, unprofessional

And what do you think you are being? Kind, passive and professional? Sorry mate. Don't serve what you can't eat.

• epaslvepaslv Member

SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: If your ticket is the one that I am thinking about, then you are perfectly fine and have nothing to worry about. Feel free to reply for clarification. We are happy to assist and don't want you to be worried about a misunderstanding.

Thanks Ryan, that's good enough for me.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM

George Costanza? Wow.

• this thread not closed yet?

since it's customer fault let's blame him until the end, if this is provider fault close it ASAP (hostsolution for example)

Thanked by 1Yura
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

Just as with any other host, I think things can be much simpler if OP just communicated well. Like if there is a special reason for applying the code 2x. And if host still says no, then honor it and do not make the attempt.

• jaejae Member

sibaper said: this thread not closed yet?

No need to close.

Smart provider will remind bad client they did violate their tos, and told him to not do same in the future. Suspend service and penalty is acceptable. they will technically do good thing to prevent same problem with other client.

Stupid provider will refund all client's money, terminate account, and told him we do not need client like you. and do nothing but update TOS to prevent same problem. This just proof, they have no technically ability.

• @bdwebservices said:
    Again clarification:

1. I violate TOS that's why they sent $10 Violation fee which is I paid!

2. They re-activate VPS again (after $10 violation fee and requesting regular order).

3. Finally they Close my account and terminate VPS (without Warning or Proper reason, because I said "This is my 1st and last order")

4. They refund me.

I don't crying for VPS I want to say they are Rude, Aggressive, unprofessional and as per their Website title "They are Totally Nonsense"

Thank you all!

I am not saying that you are wrong. Every one want to hear good words, all you had to do is use good language.

Your mistake : You was not polite, even though you have paid the penalty.

Being polite was free of cost, no?

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited July 2017

@Nekki said:
    You're just lucky that Gordon didn't turn up your house, set it on fire, then bang your wife in front of you while you watch your life go up in flames. He's getting soft in his old age.

You made my day xD

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

I'm sure there aren't a Terms of service for repeatedly using the same coupon.

Just because they stated it's only limit 1 coupon per user, it doesn't mean its in the terms of service.

The fact is if the OP did have two sepearte account, the provider can't suspend account A because they suspect account B is from the same person... What if it wasn't ?

doghouch said: You basically broke the terms. Plain n' simple. They did not charge any ransom, as it was a result of violating the terms of service.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2017

@lonea said:
    I'm sure there aren't a Terms of service for repeatedly using the same coupon.

Shouldn't be that hard to look. I just did:

"Special offer pricing and coupons are limited to 1 per customer."

@lonea said:
    The fact is if the OP did have two sepearte account, the provider can't suspend account A because they suspect account B is from the same person... What if it wasn't ?

Why can't they exactly? Since when do you dictate such terms on anyone's behalf? They knew it was the same customer, and the customer freely admitted it.

Reading is hard, I know.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@jarland said:

Reading is hard, I know.

THANK YOU.

I've long advocated that they should TELL you that you shouldn't drink the bleach at the point of purchase, not expect you to magically read all those words and understand what they mean.

I LIKE skulls, I think they're cute, why would I expect them to mean danger? When did a skull ever kill anyone? They can't, they're already dead, ffs.

Thanked by 3philipc Junkless rocket

Reading is indeed hard. I am not even sure OP knows what he is typing. The dude is acting all innocent when he literally tried to scam someone in front of a crowd.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

If all payments were refunded, then the billing is clear but they should have given him 24 hour minimum. As he needed a reactivation, it must be there was some important data. They should have given him time to take backup I think !

Thanked by 1bdwebservices

Data, meh. If it was important, he would have had a backup. If it wasn't backed up, it wasn't important, period.

Surely no one would have vital data with a provider while actively trying to exploit their system to obtain multiple promotions. I would assume first that they would not, that's pretty pessimistic to assume something that terrible of someone.

• sinsin Member

@jarland said:
    Surely no one would have vital data with a provider while actively trying to exploit their system to obtain multiple promotions. I would assume first that they would not, that's pretty pessimistic to assume something that terrible of someone.

I happen to host my multi-million dollar business with Digital Ocean while keeping a side Digital Ocean account that I use to ddos losers, troll sjws on the interwebs, and thousands of shoe bots.

Thanked by 1willie

@sin said:

@jarland said:

I happen to host my multi-million dollar business with Digital Ocean while keeping a side Digital Ocean account that I use to ddos losers, troll sjws on the interwebs, and thousands of shoe bots.

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you, I had some plausible deniability stuck in my ears.

• I found another review of SpeedyKVM!! BEWARE!! If you buy vps from them

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@bdwebservices said:
    I found another review of SpeedyKVM!! BEWARE!! If you buy vps from them

But you wrote it?

edited July 2017

@bdwebservices said:
    I found another review of SpeedyKVM!! BEWARE!! If you buy vps from them

You are aware, aren't you, that bumping bad reviews on LET actually drives sales for them? People on here get weird sometimes. They like a provider with bad reviews if for no other reason than to gain a story to tell.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@jarland said:

>

You are aware, aren't you, that bumping bad reviews on LET actually drives sales for them?

All I really got out of this thread was that SpeedyKVM was having another 30% off recurring sale I didn't know about. Coupon still work?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@Harambe said:

@jarland said:

>

You are aware, aren't you, that bumping bad reviews on LET actually drives sales for them?

All I really got out of this thread was that SpeedyKVM was having another 30% off recurring sale I didn't know about. Coupon still work?

http://buykvm.com last update was may, so I suspect time is running out :)

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:

@Harambe said:

@jarland said:

>

http://buykvm.com last update was may, so I suspect time is running out :)

Not too interested in Dallas at the moment, NYC or Seattle annual is what I'm after. Thanks though :)

• Oflameo said: I am not sure it is legal for you to claim copyright over two party communication with an outside party

No, they cannot.

Oflameo said: You also reserve the right to share any communication with anybody without getting the other parties permission which is totally unfair.

Might be shady (i do the same though partly to publish abuse without any consent) but legal - keep in mind, you are free to publish their communication with you as well.