Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendations On Backup Infrastructure With Large Network Port And High IO?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommendations On Backup Infrastructure With Large Network Port And High IO?

MetallicGlossMetallicGloss Member, Host Rep
edited June 2017 in Help

Hey!

I am reaching out to the LowEndTalk community to see if any of you have any recommendations or have experience with this area of requirements.

I am currently looking for:

• Backup Servers Located In/Around New York City and London
  • 1TB SSD
  • 5TB HDD
  • 10TB P/M Transfer
  • 1Gbps+ Network Port

I know that OVH/Kimsufi/SoYouStart do pretty nice backup servers, and they have been what I have been using for the last few months (mainly SYS servers) however have found that the IO of the HDD, limitation of 250Mbps and slow processor makes backups very tedious to perform.

The reason for having the network port as large as possible is that, other than a regular daily/weekly backups, is that we quite often perform failover backups which need for a node to be backed up as quickly as physically possible, however, each node currently is being throttled in upload by the backup infrastructure.

If you have any recommendations or ideas for these requirements please let me know!

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Happy to help!

Any particular budget in mind ?

To confirm that's single SSD and single HDD ?

• MetallicGlossMetallicGloss Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

@Clouvider said:
    Happy to help!

Any particular budget in mind ?

To confirm that's single SSD and single HDD ?

Thanks for that swift reply!
    Yes, it would be 1 SSD and 1 HDD.

At this point in time, I don't have a set budget as I am just looking around.

I'm moving from SYS paying £20 for 6TB of HDD and I am fully aware that there is a negagible number of companies able to offer 6TB of storage that cheaply. My main focus isn't really the CPU either (unless it also causes it to throttle like the ARM Cortex A9 ARMv7 did) as I just need to get data onto the node as fast as possible so high IO and large network port.