Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comcast IP Transit
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comcast IP Transit

Subzero08Subzero08 Member
edited June 2017 in General

Has anyone ever received more than 1 static IP from Comcast? If so how?

Comments

• I used too you have to call your account manager or Comcast business class phone number and request more blocks of ips

Thanked by 1Subzero08
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Anyone with pricing experience for bigger commitments on Comcast? Just curious.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited June 2017

@Subzero08 said:
    Has anyone ever received more than 1 static IP from Comcast? If so how?

Had a /29 from Comcast at one point

+1 to what @osminda said: call Comcast Business line or account manager

BUT, they won't let you use your own cablemodem once you go static -- you will be forced to pay the lease fee and they will not allow you to use your own cablemodem even if it is the exact same model as theirs.

Worse yet, I was even told by one of their level 3 techs that the store bought cablemodems were more reliable and easier to provision than the one (SMC) they provide.

So, pay lease fee + get crappier hardware = profit (for them).

Go figure

• FoulFoul Member

Subzero08 said: Has anyone ever received more than 1 static IP from Comcast? If so how?

With business comcast you can get as many /28's as you want to pay for.

• jbiloh said: Anyone with pricing experience for bigger commitments on Comcast? Just curious.

In or Outbound? Their billing differs on that.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited July 2017

I'm confused, cable modem? Comcast transit/comcast IP is not comcast business class (which is basically res service with better support) or anything slightly related

• hzr said: Comcast transit/comcast IP is not comcast business class (which is basically res service with better support) or anything slightly related

Comcast also sells you transit on DOCSIS, just not with BGP.

In all essence, aside of the datacenter SLA, this is a leased line circuit.

Thanked by 1Subzero08
  • @William said:

hzr said: Comcast transit/comcast IP is not comcast business class (which is basically res service with better support) or anything slightly related

Comcast also sells you transit on DOCSIS, just not with BGP.

In all essence, aside of the datacenter SLA, this is a leased line circuit.

Would this be what I need? I have a small gaming room that I would like Comcast connectivity I would only need about 30 IPv4. I'd assume they will run a line to the building.