Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you get customers who sign up, and then immediately request cancellation? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you get customers who sign up, and then immediately request cancellation?

2»

Comments

• Most of your orders are come from China I guess. You promo was post on a magic Chinese blog called "91xxx" when you post on LET, that blog has tons of traffic every day, so many people ordered your service,

For Chinese customers, especially who use them for proxy servers, good connection is a must. Many people bought that from you , run some test, found out HGC is not that good to China, so they want the money back ,

• @randvegeta said:

JoeMerit said: I have cancelled VPS within hours/minutes of signing up back in my VPS addiction days. THE RUSH of a new VPS and then the immediate regret!...

Do you also ask for a refund?

no.. the host usually hasn't done anything wrong so I do not bother.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

overclock said: For Chinese customers, especially who use them for proxy servers, good connection is a must. Many people bought that from you , run some test, found out HGC is not that good to China, so they want the money back ,

HGC is actually pretty good for China. It's not as good as pure CT of course, but that's just crazy to include such BW for any service unless people are willing to pay for that privilege.

Which website published the offer?

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited June 2017

I am Indonesian. I have bought a few vps from various provider. Not even once I am flagged. It's not really hard for me to signup anywhere.

@rds100 said:

AnthonySmith said: for me, funnily enough, it is Indonesia .. even though MaxMind likes to mark it as a high-risk country.

Perhaps they know that it is very hard for them to sign up elsewhere and realize that it is a privilege to be your customer?

And what is with China anyway.

• @jiggawattz said:

AnthonySmith said: before I stopped taking new orders from China.

Really? This market is huge. 1.3 billion people, many of whom just got their first computer and are learnin' things on this here interconnectednet of tubes.

No. Computer and Internet in China is quite popular even more than the US. Most of these people buy vps to bypass the firewall, and some of them wants vps for private torrent. Almost no one buy vps for learning things as it's so easy to manage a Linux distro in their own computer. The market is great but most of the Chinese customers would prefer rapid connection to China or large storage with DMAC ignored vps.

• All the time, for all different types of services, I wish they didn't bother.

• @randvegeta said:

overclock said: For Chinese customers, especially who use them for proxy servers, good connection is a must. Many people bought that from you , run some test, found out HGC is not that good to China, so they want the money back ,

HGC is actually pretty good for China. It's not as good as pure CT of course, but that's just crazy to include such BW for any service unless people are willing to pay for that privilege.

Which website published the offer?

There is some QoS from China to HGC. Speed limit or something.

• I dont mean you limit the speed. It is HGC's problem.

• I've done that in a couple of occasions (signing up then canceling almost immediately), and it was because the service didn't meet my expectations.

For example, a dedicated server which failed every attempt to install CentOS 7 on it, or a shared hosting service where I could ssh in but not run anything useful to me like git or rsync.

I didn't ask for refunds as the TOS of those services were clear on that point.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

@overclock said:
    I dont mean you limit the speed. It is HGC's problem.

I'm sure there is some sort of traffic management. But our contract with them actually guarantees a certain level of performance (SLA) and we've seen pretty good performance for all the major cities in China.

At least for multi-threaded transfers, the throughput that can be achieved is pretty high. Fastest single-threaded transfer I've seen is about 200MBit/s. But that's far from a guarantee.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Some do it for the fun of it.

• FredQcFredQc Member

If the service / server don't please me right away then I usually wait a couple of weeks to judge of the whole thing. Then, if it's really that bad I press the "Cancel button".

So, no, I've never cancelled right away after ordering ;-)

• clickclouditclickcloudit Member
    edited June 2017

@randvegeta said:

jarland said: For me I've always suspected it was because I use cPanel and the initial impression is "I can install cPanel myself, this isn't a real service."

Well my most recent offer was a $7 VPS. No pre-sales query, just sign up, and by the time I've received the order email, I receive a cancellation email.

Nekki said: What are the reasons being given?

Normally no reason at all, or something silly like:

"Bad SSH connection to USA"

Or just unintelligible gibberish. Sometimes they actually say 'Nothing' for the reason. I don't mean they are not saying anything, they literally type "Nothing" as the reason.

It is completely bizzar. Some just ask straight up for refunds, despite many notices (including on the pages where the product is advertised or can be ordered), I clearly state that the service is non-refundable unless there is an actual fault with the service, and changing your mind does not count as a fault.

What kinds of people are these?

This is why you need to have a really good FAQ, speed tests, ping test, so no excuses come up after purchase. My terms are absolutely no refund, all sales are final, you just slap paypal with your terms and they should win the case for you.

• @randvegeta said:

Ole_Juul said: Bear in mind that 50% of the population is below average intelligence.

Actually I would imagine that number to be far larger than 50%.

Like wealth, intelligence is probably highly concentrated, and they bring the overall average way up.

What do they say, the top 1% have more wealth than the bottom 50%? You wouldn't call anyone in the 51st percentile to be average right?

Seems reasonable for me to assume that probably far more than 50% are below average intelligence...

Should be 50% of the population is below MEDIAN intelligence :p

• EdmondEdmond Member

I don't do that sort of thing, I don't like doing that sort of thing, I paid for it so I'll use it until the next invoice and cancel it than. I don't think hosters should get that kind of crap and lose money. I did order VPSs before that were terrible and I just put something on it to idle and leave it until next month and get rid of it.

Question to people who hate people from China signing up: so you'll block people from China from signing up, what if people who sign up aren't living in China but are Chinese, how do you treat them? Just curious. :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

quicksilver03 said: For example, a dedicated server which failed every attempt to install CentOS 7 on it,

I'm sure it was a hardware issue ;-).