Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Uptimerobot?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Uptimerobot?

Heya,
Using Uptimerobot for the first time and it seems to not be working?!
Added my domain but for some reason the graph shows "no data" even though it should check every 5 minutes?

Comments

  • HeeroHeero Member

    It usually starts within 30 seconds, but It is not working properly now...I have same problem.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • WHTWHT Member

    Never worked well. Many fake downtimes. I think that is made for marketing perpose.

  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    Gotta write my own script then or look for smth selfhosted. Tbh it should easily be doable to do a bash script which pings and if error status is xyz appends date and time to log.

  • Funny, about an hour ago I added a monitor and simply closed the tab. Looking at it now, it hasn't pinged.

    First time I've encountered this in 6+ months of usage.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @WHT said:
    Never worked well. Many fake downtimes. I think that is made for marketing perpose.

    ???? It's free, and it hasn't reported any "fake" downtime for my sites.

    Thanked by 1IncognitoBurrito
  • NekkiNekki Member

    I had about 6 alerts this morning from Uptime Robot over a 2 hour period. All nonsense.

    Thanked by 2Aidan WHT
  • edited June 2017

    Using it over year so far zero fails reports of downtime I must be the lucky one :D

  • Mine started pinging after 2hrs, 50mins.

  • hanoihanoi Member

    2 years with it and working like a charm. UptimeRobot has been white-listed in CloudFlare

  • sinsin Member

    I use Uptime Doctor instead since they have free 1 minute checks

  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    Ive installed PHP Servermon now and it does its job for monitoring websites :)
    Services/Ping does seem to not work (yet?!) however for website monitoring it is just fine :P Pm me if you want a sample account to try it out before setup^^

  • YuraYura Member

    What do you use monitor if Uptimerobot is down?

  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @Yura said:
    What do you use monitor if Uptimerobot is down?

    Im using "PHP Server Monitor". My Free Hosting Service uptime is linked to it:
    http://monitor.ympker.net

    login: uptime
    pw: uptime

    See for youreself :)

    Thanked by 2Yura jaden
  • YuraYura Member

    @Ympker said:

    @Yura said:
    What do you use monitor if Uptimerobot is down?

    Im using "PHP Server Monitor". My Free Hosting Service uptime is linked to it:
    http://monitor.ympker.net

    login: uptime
    pw: uptime

    See for youreself :)

    Thanks. Now looking for something to monitor if your service is down while it monitors if uptimerobot is down.

  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @Yura said:

    @Ympker said:

    @Yura said:
    What do you use monitor if Uptimerobot is down?

    Im using "PHP Server Monitor". My Free Hosting Service uptime is linked to it:
    http://monitor.ympker.net

    login: uptime
    pw: uptime

    See for youreself :)

    Thanks. Now looking for something to monitor if your service is down while it monitors if uptimerobot is down.

    Setup Servermon twice then :P

  • Might be a quick options if you want public facing: https://github.com/Munzy/ServerStatus

    Then mix in another node with libreNMS and you have a full solution.

  • For me uptime robot always worked fine. Not sure why you guys are having troubles. How about pingdom?

  • I am using uptime robot since last few years and is working well for me with out any issues..

  • jarjar Member, Patron Provider

    @WHT said:
    Never worked well. Many fake downtimes. I think that is made for marketing perpose.

    Using it to monitor multiple networks and a wealth of services. Zero false positives in over a year. I would double check your end point logs as I suspect there may be intermittent failures that you are simply not seeing due to them being so intermittent and perhaps small in number. An example might be apache prefork running out of children.

    Thanked by 2Rhys lukesUbuntu
  • Never had a single issue or false downtime since an year.

  • hicohico Member

    Works flawlessly for me. I have used since inception without issue.

Sign In or Register to comment.