Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter - New IP Allocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter - New IP Allocation

mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

Howdy,

Anybody know a secret as far as getting additional IPs assigned? Been waiting 20 something days. Replied once to the ticket and it was ignored, asked billing in a new ticket for update or refund and it was just merged.... wasn't expecting great support but jesus it's starting to get ridiculous....

Comments

• PandyPandy Member

Who?

is this meme still relevant?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Pandy said: is this meme still relevant?

It is.

• No IP 4 u.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

mmuyskens said: Anybody know a secret as far as getting additional IPs assigned?

Have a solid justification (I mean solid, not just a preference) and use a host not known for ignoring customers.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

They haven't even asked justification. I upgraded from a /29 to /28, and they opened a ticket on my behalf the next day asking if I wanted an additional /29 or if I wanted a /28 and to give back the current /29. I replied within a few hours and then it's been radio silence...

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@mmuyskens said:
    They haven't even asked justification. I upgraded from a /29 to /28, and they opened a ticket on my behalf the next day asking if I wanted an additional /29 or if I wanted a /28 and to give back the current /29. I replied within a few hours and then it's been radio silence...

then don't use Delimiter
    you should see on let here the whole joke about delimitwho(and how that originated) and that will give you more than enough reason never to ever deal with delimiter again lol.

Actually finally had success. After the billing ticket got merged into the IP allocation ticket, I just now opened a third ticket in there Dedicated Server department I got a pretty quick reply asking me to just bump the other ticket FROM THE SAME REP, I replied back nicely saying I already have been, and he ended up taking care of it pretty quickly.

They seem fine for my needs performance wise - support is just lacking but that's expected from a budget host.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

mmuyskens said: but that's expected from a budget host.

3 weeks, expected?

hmmm.

OK OK, Slow is expected. 3 weeks is excessive.

• @mmuyskens said:
    OK OK, Slow is expected. 3 weeks is excessive.

How about the general support, is it fine?

yea - Billing ticket got merged into the ip alloc. ticket about 10 minutes after being opened so i assume billing would of been a fast reply, rDNS request have been within 24 hours, dedicated support requests are like 20 minute replies. It's literally just the IP Allocation department that is a sink hole.