Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issues with Hostigation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issues with Hostigation

Is anyone else having problems with Hostigation?

There was a message on their website saying they needed to do some power maintenance and the downtime would be 10mins. My server has now been offline 20hrs.

I put a support ticket in 12 hours ago and have had zero response.

Looks like another reasonable host bites the dust. :(

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Have you tried clicking the reboot button?

• sandanistasandanista Member
    edited June 2017

I don't have that option, this package came with no management CP. And the option isn`t available in the billing area. Has to be done by support.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

What did they say when you opened the ticket?

• Alex, please see my original message. :)

Thanked by 1AlexBarakov

sandanista said: I don't have that option, this package came with no management CP.

Hostigation use solusvm, they always have, here is the vps management link (also on their home page): https://solus.hostigation.com/login.php

Probably worth checking your emails for the username etc.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited June 2017
  • They also posted a real weird tweet earlier. At work, I can't get to Twitter, but it was something about Lyft and saving money at the pump.

What does it mean?

clarity_64 said: They also posted a real weird tweet earlier. At work, I can't get to Twitter, but it was something about Lyft and saving money at the pump.

Could have been one of those "tweet us and you get a reward" things.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@sandanista said:
    Alex, please see my original message. :)

Completely missed it. Sorry. If you are an often visitor here, you probably know what I meant.

Good luck, hope they get back online fast.

• dwtbfdwtbf Member

@raindog308 said:

clarity_64 said: They also posted a real weird tweet earlier. At work, I can't get to Twitter, but it was something about Lyft and saving money at the pump.

Could have been one of those "tweet us and you get a reward" things.

I find the uber support tweet by them funnier

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2017

I'll forward this to Seamus.

He's off in Los Angeles doing some maintenance on the equipment supposedly so it's possible something got bumped.

Do you got a ticket ID? I can TXT it over to him.

Francisco

• Is it back yet?

@Francisco said:

He's off in Los Angeles doing some maintenance on the equipment supposedly so it's possible something got bumped.

...did I miss a thread where buyvm acquired hostigation?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

@raindog308 said:

@Francisco said:

...did I miss a thread where buyvm acquired hostigation?

No.

Karen moved to Las Vegas last year and Seamus moved in with her.

I'm also spending the summer in Vegas to do the network upgrades and to make some DC trips easier.

That's why we have been on the same IP :P

Francisco

Francisco said: Karen moved to Las Vegas last year and Seamus moved in with her.

I'm also spending the summer in Vegas to do the network upgrades and to make some DC trips easier.

Maybe I'm dense but...what does that have to do with Hostigation? Unless you guys are sharing remote hands or something.

edited June 2017

AnthonySmith: Yes, they use Solus, but it wasn`t available with this package. I think it might have been a LEB offer, not sure.

AlexBarakov: No problem at all and thank you.

Francisco: Thanks, I would appreciate that. My ticket ID is: 775374

cyberpersons: No, still down.

I've been with them nearly 2 years. Always been a good service to be honest, but this is a little too much. I`ll give it a few more hours before I start to switch the sites elsewhere.

edited June 2017

@raindog308 said:

Francisco said: Karen moved to Las Vegas last year and Seamus moved in with her.

Maybe I'm dense but...what does that have to do with Hostigation? Unless you guys are sharing remote hands or something.

Seamus does my remote hands in Vegas when I'm at home.

Seamus works for Hostigation full time. Tim brought him on since he's needing an easier roll with the whole stroke.

Francisco

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

raindog308 said: Unless you guys are sharing remote hands

@Nekki

• kzedkzed Member

@Francisco said:

Seamus does my remote hands in Vegas when I'm at home.

Seamus works for Hostigation full time. Tim brought him on since he's needing an easier roll with the whole stroke.

Francisco

I thought hostigation was sold to other company because the paypal email was changed from tim@hostigation to [email protected] and since then i never see tim answering my tickets. Little bit worried because usually tim reply to my ticket within hours and now i need to wait more than 24 hours to get reply from the other guy.

• Back online now, thanks for the help guys.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

What you blame about others ,you do by yourself ;) good luck . Glad to see it is resolved .

sandanista said: AnthonySmith: Yes, they use Solus, but it wasn`t available with this package. I think it might have been a LEB offer, not sure.

That sounds wrong, it would actually be more work for them not to put you on solusvm, I think you are mistaken :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Didn't Tim do a proxmox offer a while back? I can't recall...

edited June 2017

AnthonySmith: I'm not mistaken. :) I opened a ticket awhile back asking about Solus and they told me it wasn`t available for that package.

jarland: proxmox, correct.

From Tim in the ticket I opened:

"You are not hosted with SolusVM, you are hosted with Proxmox"

So login to proxmox then?

• Never had any login details for it. Even in the original email. Tim said the only options I had were what was in the billing area. And I can`t see too many options there.

Anyway, after they resolved the issue, they set up a new box for me and put me on Solus. So, all good now.

sandanista said: Never had any login details for it. Even in the original email. Tim said the only options I had were what was in the billing area. And I can`t see too many options there.

heh that is odd, oh well.

• @jarland's correct, @sandanista's service was on the old Proxmox cluster as documented in WHMCS. At some point the last few VMs on Proxmox were moved to Solus nodes but a few weren't imported into SolusVM, so they had no way to reboot / check status / etc.

As for the extremely long response time, I was on site at QN LAX doing the actual physical work involved in our maintenance (new nodes, removing old gear). It's completely on me for not keeping an eye on pending tickets. To help with situations like this I'm onboarding a new support agent in the next few days.

• edited June 2017

EDIT: just reread, makes sense now.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Just to ask: is Tim still in charge at Hostigation?

I was kind of surprised to see them remove all of their plans except for KVM. It seemed like a change in direction.