Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hong Kong KVM VPS - Direct China Bandwidth Included
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hong Kong KVM VPS - Direct China Bandwidth Included

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
edited June 2017 in Offers

Host Hong Kong VPS Special Limited Stock Offer

We are running a limited stock special offer VPS in Hong Kong.

• 1GB RAM
  • 40GB HDD
  • 1vCPU Core (3.4Ghz Xeon E3-1245v2)
  • 500GB Data Transfer
  • 1IPv4 Address
  • Hong Kong Location

Just $7 /month

Click here to Order now!.

• Bandwidth includes Direct China routing. However the bandwidth should not be considered as 'dedicated' China.

• This VPS is unmanaged, without backups and no SLA. So please make sure you backup your data where necessary.

• We accept Paypal, Credit Card and BitCoin.

• Once the VPS has been delivered, the service is non-refundable unless there is an actual fault with the service. Changing your mind does not count.

• Service activates immediately!

• Service for legal purposes only. SPAM/Adult/Warez/Hacking and anything that would attract the 'wrong' sort of people, is strictly prohibited. If you have to ask, it's probably not okay.

This is a new system we are running and we are looking to get some active clients in production, hence the limited stock and promotional price. Given the new system, things may not be as optimal as they could be, and we welcome your honest and frank feedback, and will do our best to use your feedback to make improvements.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask, public or via PM.

Comments

• The link is wrong.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@guonning said:
    The link is wrong.

Woops. Fixed it now, thnx.

• ZRBLOGZRBLOG Member

Any test ip?

• Kvmba_Kvmba_ Member

Any test ip or test file ?

• the network ports?

edited June 2017

ZRBLOG said: Any test ip?

Kvmba_ said: Any test ip or test file ?

IP: 103.16.228.33

Test File

zhangsy said: the network ports?

The special offer nodes are currently on 1G ports and no limits set by default on the VPS. Obviously the 1G port is shared.

• VzFunVzFun Member
    edited June 2017

i bought one and test ~ unix bench score is 1744 ~ not low

linode $5 score is 1459

VzFun said: i bought one and test ~ unix bench score is 1744 ~ not low

What is a normal/average score?

• VzFunVzFun Member
    edited June 2017

@randvegeta said:

VzFun said: i bought one and test ~ unix bench score is 1744 ~ not low

What is a normal/average score?

i don't know ~ normal/average score

Host Hong Kong VPS unix bench is 1744 ~

compare linode $5 score is 1459

all test in signature ~~~~ if you interest in it

• adamchangadamchang Member
    edited June 2017

Ordered one.Seems there is the bandwidth limitation with my server.

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Tele Asia (103.16.22x.xxx)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by Website Solution Limited (Hong Kong) [0.00 km]: 4.547 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 2.99 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 2.47 Mbit/s

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited June 2017

I also bought one, the downlink/uplink network speed is 100mbps, not 1Gbps. test file transfer from/to oneprovider HK LSW 1G ports.
    haven't test the network speed from/to china mainland

• LizCatLizCat Member

HGC China Direct?

• VzFunVzFun Member
    edited June 2017

@adamchang said:
    Ordered one.Seems there is the bandwidth limitation with my server.

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Tele Asia (103.16.229.106)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by Website Solution Limited (Hong Kong) [0.00 km]: 4.547 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 2.99 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 2.47 Mbit/s

it sound limited to 3Mbit/s

but from taiwan i can download file from My Host Hong Kong

almost 9MB/S ~ not 9 Mbit/s ~

i don't know why??????

• yywudiyywudi Member

@VzFun said:

i don't know why??????

maybe network limit for speedtest?

@yywudi said:

@VzFun said:

i don't know why??????

maybe network limit for speedtest?

There is some weird speed limit on the command line version of speedtest.net. if you run real tests or the GUI version of speedtest.net it should be a lot faster. I have no idea why the command line version is slow.

@LizCat said:
    HGC China Direct?

Yes the China traffic goes through HGC.

• Aw, out of stock.

@lifehome said:
    Aw, out of stock.

I might add more stock tomorrow.

Thanked by 1lifehome

yywudi said: the downlink/uplink network speed is 100mbps, not 1Gbps.

You know what. You're right! The first couple nodes setup are in our oldest rack which has a 100Mbit switch in it!

lifehome said: Aw, out of stock.

The stock ran out because we only setup 2 nodes for the special offer, but we will probably have 5 - 10 nodes on this special offer. We are using our 'not so new' hardware for these promo nodes and we've got a few. So you can expect a few more nodes deployed in the next few days.

New nodes will most likely be placed in racks with Gbit switches, so it will be Gbit connectivity. But we wont change the existing 2 (not for now any way).

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • lifehome said: Aw, out of stock.

The stock ran out because we only setup 2 nodes for the special offer, but we will probably have 5 - 10 nodes on this special offer. We are using our 'not so new' hardware for these promo nodes and we've got a few. So you can expect a few more nodes deployed in the next few days.

New nodes will most likely be placed in racks with Gbit switches, so it will be Gbit connectivity. But we wont change the existing 2 (not for now any way).

Thanks for your kind move.

• @randvegeta said:

yywudi said: the downlink/uplink network speed is 100mbps, not 1Gbps.

You know what. You're right! The first couple nodes setup are in our oldest rack which has a 100Mbit switch in it!

lifehome said: Aw, out of stock.

So is it possible to migrate an existing VM (of this offer) to the new 1Gbps nodes then?

astrataro said: So is it possible to migrate an existing VM (of this offer) to the new 1Gbps nodes then?

Technically it is possible, but we probably won't be doing that. Not unless there is some problem with the existing setup.

lifehome said: Thanks for your kind move.

Another node has been setup. Will setup another node tomorrow. I will setup a maximum of 10 nodes for this special offer, and no more.

• @randvegeta said:

lifehome said: Thanks for your kind move.

Another node has been setup. Will setup another node tomorrow. I will setup a maximum of 10 nodes for this special offer, and no more.

Possible to install ArchLinux? Have been frustrated to find providers in Hong Kong with ArchLinux template...

lifehome said: Possible to install ArchLinux?

It's possible. Or rather, it would be possible for me to upload the ISO and you can install it yourself via console. That work for you?

• @randvegeta said:

lifehome said: Possible to install ArchLinux?

It's possible. Or rather, it would be possible for me to upload the ISO and you can install it yourself via console. That work for you?

Just tried out vps2arch script, works like a charm. However for the best of future, ArchLinux template is good to have.

Despite the blazing network and things, there are some serious thing should be fix immediately. Such as password of my account or VPS root password(user-defined ones, not generated), and other sensitive information are visible plain text in many of system mail. People can surely reset their password using multi-factor authentication, such as payment method, billed amount, what kind of services ordered, etc. A "reminder" should not remotely be in place.

lifehome said: Such as password of my account or VPS root password(user-defined ones, not generated), and other sensitive information are visible plain text in many of system mail.

That's a good point. Given the root password is set by the end user, it may not be necessary at all to send this in an E-Mail. And as such we can simply remove this from the template.

lifehome said: A "reminder" should not remotely be in place.

You mean to say that if a user forgets their password, they must go through a reset only? As far as I am aware, that is how our system works already. Other than the initial E-Mail, which does conatain login info in plain text, I do not think there is anyway to get the password resent in another email. If you find such a mechanism, please do let us know.

• @randvegeta said:

lifehome said: A "reminder" should not remotely be in place.

You mean to say that if a user forgets their password, they must go through a reset only? As far as I am aware, that is how our system works already. Other than the initial E-Mail, which does conatain login info in plain text, I do not think there is anyway to get the password resent in another email. If you find such a mechanism, please do let us know.

• Hutchison to China?

@loveminds said:
    Hutchison to China?

HGC yes.