Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wedos.com (czech) ddos protection?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wedos.com (czech) ddos protection?

they are offering ddos protection for just 1,09 € extra (ssd vps)

so you are getting for ~7 € the following:

CPU: 1 thread E5-2650Lv2 1,70 GHz
RAM: 2 GB (reserverd)
HDD: 15 GB (server SSD drives, RAID 10)
unlimited traffic, connectivity 100 Mbps
1 IPv4
ddos protection
czech datacenter

looks like its complete self developed https://datacentrum.wedos.com/a/368/otazky-odpovedi-k-ddos-ochrane-wedos.html

anyone knows how good the protection is ? couldn't find reviews

Comments

• @Butters Looking at their own site, they're on AS197019. (own ASN)

Funnily enough, they have so little bandwidth, they're (basically) single homed on Cogent.

Not sure how much that can withstand :P

Thanked by 1Butters
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2017

doghouch said: Funnily enough, they have so little bandwidth, they're (basically) single homed on Cogent.

They list 70 Gbps total https://datacentrum.wedos.com/traffic.html
    although only 40 is split per individual graphs.

This is not "so little", tons of VPS hosts have much less. (and do not have an owned DC). Far from being single-homed on Cogent either, they also have Telia, HE.net and various other routes via the local ISP Kaora.

I use Wedos for a long time, getting a yearly KVM box with them 2 or 3 times by now. Very stable and reliable, although cannot say anything about their DDoS protection, did not buy or need that.

Thanked by 2doghouch Butters
  • @rm_ said:

doghouch said: Funnily enough, they have so little bandwidth, they're (basically) single homed on Cogent.

They list 70 Gbps total https://datacentrum.wedos.com/traffic.html
    although only 40 is split per individual graphs.

This is not "so little", tons of VPS hosts have much less. (and do not have an owned DC). Far from being single-homed on Cogent either, they also have Telia, HE.net and various other routes via the local ISP Kaora.

I use Wedos for a long time, getting a yearly KVM box with them 2 or 3 times by now. Very stable and reliable, although cannot say anything about their DDoS protection, did not buy or need that.

Thanks for the info! I was judging based on what they had on public peering. Couldn't see that from bgp.he.net :(

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2017

rm_ said: This is not "so little", tons of VPS hosts have much less. (and do not have an owned DC). Far from being single-homed on Cogent either, they also have Telia, HE.net and various other routes via the local ISP Kaora.

They run all of this on one fiber path though and their DC is kinda literally in middle of nowhere.

DC itself is pretty much converted building - the blog has many pictures and progress.

Stable BW wise, interface probably still not english (i started to be customer when they opened like 2010, Czech is not THAT complex), servers mostly Fujitsu (why ever...).

For the price excellent quality.

Cannot comment on protection; i had multiple servers from customers cancelled for DDoS attacks.

Very abuse sensitive, did not like having HDDs confiscated by Europol. Did not cancel me though.

Staff speaks "ok" english, many things in their custom panel need support (like adding custom ISO which is uploaded once and can then be attached to multiple servers) but what they have in it (RDNS etc.) works very well.

Thanked by 1Butters
  • @William So redundancy is nonexistent (ex. if the line got cut, the entire DC would lose connectivity)?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2017

doghouch said: @William So redundancy is nonexistent (ex. if the line got cut, the entire DC would lose connectivity)?

They have a second path with smaller capacity since 11.2013 (former only O2, then also CD Telematika) at 10G - not sure if both have been upgraded over time to same though:

Nová 10 Gbps trasa zaručí dostupnost i v případě výpadku primární konektivity

Udělali jsme další velký krok ke zkvalitnění našich služeb. V lednu byla dokončena nová zcela nezávislá trasa 10 Gbps z našeho datacentra do Prahy. Kromě stávající trasy od společnosti Telefónica O2 máme tak i další od ČD-Telematika. Každá je postavena na odlišné technologii a je vedena jinou cestou. Váš web tak pojede i v případě, že dojde k poruše na jedné z optických tras či jiného problému u jednoho z dodavatelů.

DC blog is here, pics are on the first pages, everything Czech obviously:

https://datacentrum.wedos.com/

Thanked by 1Butters