Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jottacloud Unlimited
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Jottacloud Unlimited

graphicgraphic Member

Hey LET,

are there any reviews about jottaclouds unlimited storage? Are they legit?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• myhkenmyhken Member

I have used Jottacloud the last 7 years, and they are legit yes. They are the largest company offering backup space here in Norway, and for us living in Norway they have the best connections and speeds.

But their "unlimited" packages have always had a hard limit of 10 TB usage. It has always been mention in their TOS.
    But some months ago they removed the hard limit of 10 TB from their TOS, but still, the language says if you use more then average user they can mark it as abuse:

If a user’s total storage and network usage greatly exceeds the normal usage of an average Jotta user, and/or indicates that the Service is being uses for other than normal individual use, this may in some cases be deemed as abuse of the Service.

So in fact. I still think the 10 TB limit applies. I have used around 5 TB, and that's have never been any issue at all.

Jottacloud has been very popular after Snowden since we have really strict privacy rules here in Norway.

They have also a Canary page, telling if there has been any warrants or seizures of user data. https://www.jottacloud.com/canary/

• @myhken said:
    I have used Jottacloud the last 7 years, and they are legit yes. They are the largest company offering backup space here in Norway, and for us living in Norway they have the best connections and speeds.

But their "unlimited" packages have always had a hard limit of 10 TB usage. It has always been mention in their TOS.
    But some months ago they removed the hard limit of 10 TB from their TOS, but still, the language says if you use more then average user they can mark it as abuse:

If a user’s total storage and network usage greatly exceeds the normal usage of an average Jotta user, and/or indicates that the Service is being uses for other than normal individual use, this may in some cases be deemed as abuse of the Service.

So in fact. I still think the 10 TB limit applies. I have used around 5 TB, and that's have never been any issue at all.

Jottacloud has been very popular after Snowden since we have really strict privacy rules here in Norway.

They have also a Canary page, telling if there has been any warrants or seizures of user data. https://www.jottacloud.com/canary/

Sounds great, do you know anything about reliability, redundancy, long-term backups?

• myhkenmyhken Member

As mention, I have used them for 7 years now, and have never seen any downtime at all. But have no knowledge of how they are setup.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@myhken said:
    As mention, I have used them for 7 years now, and have never seen any downtime at all. But have no knowledge of how they are setup.

No Linux client or compatible CLI it seems... :(

• M_OrdinateurM_Ordinateur Member
    edited June 2017

MikePT said: No Linux client or compatible CLI it seems... :(

There's an unofficial thingy on GitHub for that, built with instructions from company staff : https://github.com/havardgulldahl/jottalib

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Quick everyone sign up for this and fill it full of torrented movies, then come back and complain when they take it away. Do your thing, LET :)

• RazzaRazza Member

@jarland said:
    Quick everyone sign up for this and fill it full of torrented movies, then come back and complain when they take it away. Do your thing, LET :)

Your making it sound like ever user on LET got Tb's of torrented movies.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Razza said:

@jarland said:

A PB at least ;)

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@Razza said:

@jarland said:

Yeah guys stop it..

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • tell /r/datahoarder people

• @Rhys said:

@Razza said:

@jarland said:

Yeah guys stop it..

Are you using that much of space thier?