Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ipv6 problem with virtualizor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ipv6 problem with virtualizor

Hello guys,

I use Hetzner dedi, and installed virtualizor on it to make some kvm virtual private servers.
I had asked vir staff that what to do for adding ip pool. they said me to select NAT option while adding ip pool. then i asked them if Ipv6 can be enabled or not, to which they replied that it is not possible. Is there any way around it?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

You seem to expect people to have a crystal ball.

Can you use IPv6 at hetzner? yes.

Assuming hetzner give you a /48

Use virtualizor to split the /48 in to /64's

Allocate a range to the KVM VPS.

Ensure you have 'routed' ticked in the IP pool in virtualizor.

I suspect you have asked the question badly.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    You seem to expect people to have a crystal ball.

Can you use IPv6 at hetzner? yes.

Assuming hetzner give you a /48

Use virtualizor to split the /48 in to /64's

Allocate a range to the KVM VPS.

Ensure you have 'routed' ticked in the IP pool in virtualizor.

I suspect you have asked the question badly.

Thanks for help, but Virtualizor staff told me to use http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/NAT for Hetzner. And for NAT, they said that IPv6 can't be used.

Don't be silly.

If they told you that yum or apt could not be used in hetzner would you just accept that?

Just follow the instructions above, remember NAT IPv4 and IPv6 have nothing to do with each other and you should be able to get Ipv6 working fine.

if you are just looking for a 'copy & paste' solution, I'm out.

Thanked by 2Aidan Ympker
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    Don't be silly.

If they told you that yum or apt could not be used in hetzner would you just accept that?

Just follow the instructions above, remember NAT IPv4 and IPv6 have nothing to do with each other and you should be able to get Ipv6 working fine.

if you are just looking for a 'copy & paste' solution, I'm out.

No, I am ready to work, but sorry I am new to this. Now that I know that there are no issues, I can check for methods. I have tried many times, following ovh tutorials, can't seem to get it work. Do you suggest any site? Thanks.

• TomTom Member
    edited June 2017

AnthonySmith said: Assuming hetzner give you a /48

>

~50 EUR one time last time I contacted them.

• @Tom said:

>

They quoted me 41.18 euros for a /56.

edited June 2017

SolidxGaming said: They quoted me 41.18 euros for a /56.

So do you have IPv6 or not, honestly your forum posts leave out so much information when your asking for help it is ridiculous?

If you only have 1IP6 address then no you cant do it.

• TomTom Member

@SolidxGaming said:

@Tom said:

>

They quoted me 41.18 euros for a /56.

Oops yep, a /56. My bad!

• @AnthonySmith said:

SolidxGaming said: They quoted me 41.18 euros for a /56.

So do you have IPv6 or not, honestly your forum posts leave out so much information when your asking for help it is ridiculous?

If you only have 1IP6 address then no you cant do it.

I have a /64 already.

edited June 2017

SolidxGaming said: I have a /64 already.

Then you can have IPv6.

Split the /64 in to /80's in virtualizor, allocate a /80 to the VPS, make sure 'routed' is ticked in the IPv6 pool.

Worst case scenario if hetzner have some funky setup for no good reason other than to be different, configure ip6 passthrough, you may need an additional/sub-bridge interface to get that working but unlikely you will need to go that far.

I think @virtualizor told you that you can't have ipv6 NAT, not that you can't have IPv6 at all.

Done.

• @AnthonySmith said:

SolidxGaming said: I have a /64 already.

Then you can have IPv6.

Split the /64 in to /80's in virtualizor, allocate a /80 to the VPS, make sure 'routed' is ticked in the IPv6 pool.

Worst case scenario if hetzner have some funky setup for no good reason other than to be different, configure ip6 passthrough, you may need an additional/sub-bridge interface to get that working but unlikely you will need to go that far.

I think @virtualizor told you that you can't have ipv6 NAT, not that you can't have IPv6 at all.

Done.

Thanks again. I actually set up the bridge which only had IPv4 configured. need to figure out how to get ipv6 done.