Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solusvm Centos 7 do not compatible with ipv6?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solusvm Centos 7 do not compatible with ipv6?

Does anyone of you noticed that ipv6 do not work on Solusvm Centos 7? I even tried to re-install with ISO, it still not work.

Can anyone of you advise the right config?

Comments

• ipv6 will only work with CentOS 6, you'll need ipv7 for your setup.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

SolusVM stopped providing significant updates about 2 years ago and has never been very compatible with CentOS 7.

Migrate to virtualizor, it takes no time at all now and they have a complete migration script/process/web UI that even handles the WHMCS side of things and routed ip6 works, even on centos 7.

• admsamadmsam Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    SolusVM stopped providing significant updates about 2 years ago and has never been very compatible with CentOS 7.

Migrate to virtualizor, it takes no time at all now and they have a complete migration script/process/web UI that even handles the WHMCS side of things and routed ip6 works, even on centos 7.

Sorry, i mean vps with centos 7. the ipv6 on it seem doesn't work.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@advarisk said:
    ipv6 will only work with CentOS 6, you'll need ipv7 for your setup.

New meta! So hardcore.

Anyways, tagging @AnthonySmith since he has dug more into SolusVM than the SolusVM developers themselves xD

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • admsamadmsam Member

@BlaZe said:

@advarisk said:

New meta! So hardcore.

Anyways, tagging @AnthonySmith since he has dug more into SolusVM than the SolusVM developers themselves xD

Thanks for advise. @anthonySmith, wish to hear your advise.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Explain more? Works fine for me.

• admsamadmsam Member

@MikeA said:
    Explain more? Works fine for me.

My KVM vps with centos 7 OS doesnt work with ipv6. Other types of OS work fine.

admsam said: Thanks for advise. @anthonySmith, wish to hear your advise.

I gave you advice, stop using solusvm, move to virtualizor.

Thanked by 2BlaZe hostdare
  • Does Ubuntu 16.04 work? It too has systemd.

• admsamadmsam Member

@advarisk said:
    Does Ubuntu 16.04 work? It too has systemd.

Ubuntu work.

'ip -6 r' output from ubuntu and centos 7 please?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Do you have the IPv6 address assigned to this VM?

• fLoofLoo Member

@advarisk said:

LOL! Made my day. Thanks! :D

Thanked by 1joeri
  • IPv6 works fine for us on CentOS 7 + SolusVM. Have you tried turn off firewall for IPv6?

• admsamadmsam Member

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    IPv6 works fine for us on CentOS 7 + SolusVM. Have you tried turn off firewall for IPv6?

I did. Anyway @AnthonySmith gave good recommendation on virtuolizor. I have tried it and feel goods. whmcs module has more features compare to solusvm.

• LizCatLizCat Member

@admsam said:

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    IPv6 works fine for us on CentOS 7 + SolusVM. Have you tried turn off firewall for IPv6?

I did. Anyway @AnthonySmith gave good recommendation on virtuolizor. I have tried it and feel goods. whmcs module has more features compare to solusvm.

You will regret if you use virtuolizor... Really...

LizCat said: You will regret if you use virtuolizor... Really...

Give me 10 reasons?

• admsamadmsam Member

@LizCat said:

@admsam said:

@GalaxyHostPlus said:

Many people said that virtuolizor has a lot of bugs, but most importantly they are still improving and developing, unlike solusvm had been stop develop. Instead of keeping an out dated products, i shall try something that follow latest technology

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Yes virtualizor has issues, but it works for us and support is also better than solus.

• admsamadmsam Member

@hostdare said:
    Yes virtualizor has issues, but it works for us and support is also better than solus.

Thanks for your comment. I am still trying, really looks good.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

when any issues or bugs , email their team or message in skype .

ps You may want to message multiple time if go unreplied :D Try to be in Indian time when contacting .

• MaherMaher Member

There are no major bugs on Virtualizor, however SolusVM is not going to improve any time soon.
    Vir seems the best with the features they offer and their WHMCS module, minor bugs could occur from time to time.

• @hostdare said:
    ps You may want to message multiple time if go unreplied :D Try to be in Indian time when contacting .

Do they have development done in India?

• dynamodynamo Member
    edited June 2017

@advarisk said: Do they have development done in India?

Its a Indian product:

https://www.softaculous.com/company

• admsamadmsam Member

@dynamo said:

@advarisk said: Do they have development done in India?

Its a Indian product:

https://www.softaculous.com/company

Too bad they do not have real 7*24 support, but still can have a try.

• @admsam said:

@LizCat said:

@admsam said:

@GalaxyHostPlus said:

Many people said that virtuolizor has a lot of bugs, but most importantly they are still improving and developing, unlike solusvm had been stop develop. Instead of keeping an out dated products, i shall try something that follow latest technology

Well if you find bug in virtuolizor you will probably wait 6 Months+ for simple bug fix. That what happened to us before they were simply saying next update next update.

Bug was ID Duplicated on Mass VPS Creation.
    I hear there is still bug with duplicated Storage since 2015.

SolusVM seems not updating, so far it just works so no complains however I'm also working on changing panels soon to OpenNebula and go cloud.

I use both panels SolusVM Production and virtuolizor for testing and beta.
    However let us know you experience once you decide the panel.

• DETioDETio Member
    edited June 2017

GalaxyHostPlus said: SolusVM seems not updating, so far it just works so no complains however I'm also working on changing panels soon to OpenNebula and go cloud.

OpenNebula is definitely the way to go, It's simple to use - simple to install - simple to configure and best of all has an Extensive amount of features.

We built VirtEngine around OpenNebula due to the above reasons, and have done extensive testing (in comparison with OpenStack, etc.) prior to that and found it to be the most suitable - not to say that OpenStack in itself isn't a great platform.

Go cloud and don't look back.

Thanked by 1GalaxyHostPlus