Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How effective is obfsproxy when it comes to unblocking Netflix?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How effective is obfsproxy when it comes to unblocking Netflix?

Will it help at all?

Comments

• dwtbfdwtbf Member

Isn't much help, I have a proxy node that's quite good depending on what country you want?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@dwtbf said:
    Isn't much help, I have a proxy node that's quite good depending on what country you want?

Not looking to buy any new proxy/vps/vpn I have already some working ones was just looking if obfsproxy does more reliably unblock flix :P

Thanked by 1Tom
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Netflix filters by IP/ASN, not by protocol. If your IP is blocked by them then no matter what VPN protocol you use it will continue to be blocked. :(

Thanked by 3netomx Ympker dwtbf
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@KuJoe said:
    Netflix filters by IP/ASN, not by protocol. If your IP is blocked by them then no matter what VPN protocol you use it will continue to be blocked. :(

That, but they also use some mechanism too.

When I try to stream to my TV, over WiFi on residential connection, sometimes, it says it detected that I'm using a VPN and prevents me from doing so, or quits the ongoing stream.

They probably use mixed methods.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

@KuJoe said:

That, but they also use some mechanism too.

When I try to stream to my TV, over WiFi on residential connection, sometimes, it says it detected that I'm using a VPN and prevents me from doing so, or quits the ongoing stream.

They probably use mixed methods.

I've had similar experiences in the past but I wasn't sure if it was something I did or something on their end, glad to know I'm not the only one. :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Ah I see ok xD Yeah the "Your using a Vpn" message made me think about obfsproxy

• dwtbfdwtbf Member

@Ympker said:

@dwtbf said:

Not looking to buy any new proxy/vps/vpn I have already some working ones was just looking if obfsproxy does more reliably unblock flix :P

I meant I have a node that's PPTP/L2PT, OVPN node on residential IP in US if you want US, or if you promise not abuse then I can let you have access to my private node in my house, both residential ips

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@dwtbf said:

@Ympker said:

@dwtbf said:

I meant I have a node that's PPTP/L2PT, OVPN node on residential IP in US if you want US, or if you promise not abuse then I can let you have access to my private node in my house, both residential ips

Once I get trouble with my own solution(s) I will contact you :)
    Thanks though!