Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM vs Virtuozzo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM vs Virtuozzo

I wanted to reinstall virtualizor panel on my server and I found this: http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Install_Virtuozzo

Does this better than KVM? Or both same performance?

Comments

• I recommend KVM.

Thanked by 1SolidxGaming
  • DiggDigitalDiggDigital Member, Host Rep

KVM is better.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2017

SolidxGaming said: Does this better than KVM? Or both same performance?

What is your use case, also Virtuozzo supports KVM, so I don't really understand the question?

• @AnthonySmith said:

SolidxGaming said: Does this better than KVM? Or both same performance?

What is your use case, also Virtuozzo supports KVM, so I don't really understand the question?

A few KVM VPS for running MC and 1 Windows VM. That is my use case.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Could you be less specific please, you are overwhelming me with the detail?

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Does Virtualizor work with Virtuozzo VMs (customized KVM)?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Could you be less specific please, you are overwhelming me with the detail?

:(

@randvegeta said:
    Does Virtualizor work with Virtuozzo VMs (customized KVM)?

Yes. http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Install_Virtuozzo

• May I ask the reason you are virtualising Minecraft servers? Surely the resource overhead for each container (primarily RAM for the OS) makes it less efficient to handle your server in this way. I can understand splitting the server into a KVM for the Minecraft servers & one for Windows, but don't entirely follow why from what you've said you seem to be using multiple KVMs for individual Minecraft servers.

• @matthewkilpatrick said:
    May I ask the reason you are virtualising Minecraft servers? Surely the resource overhead for each container (primarily RAM for the OS) makes it less efficient to handle your server in this way. I can understand splitting the server into a KVM for the Minecraft servers & one for Windows, but don't entirely follow why from what you've said you seem to be using multiple KVMs for individual Minecraft servers.

No, I have one KVM for MC, which runs on Pterodactyl panel. The other VM runs a different one.

Thanked by 1matthewkilpatrick
  • @SolidxGaming said:
    No, I have one KVM for MC, which runs on Pterodactyl panel. The other VM runs a different one.

That makes more sense, I just assumed you were running multiple for Minecraft when you said

@SolidxGaming said:
    A few KVM VPS for running MC and 1 Windows VM. That is my use case.

and I took that to mean a few for Minecraft & 1 for Windows.

• DETioDETio Member
    edited June 2017

AnthonySmith said: What is your use case, also Virtuozzo supports KVM, so I don't really understand the question?

KVM is better, Virtuozzo Hypervisor is based on KVM (and they claim it is improved) - so if it's free and you don't mind the overhead of installing Virtuozzo then you can choose either.

But KVM is a far more popular choice and is used by the majority.

Thanked by 1SolidxGaming
  • ifulmochifulmoch Member
    edited August 2018

_