Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some help regarding CPU allocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some help regarding CPU allocation

SolidxGamingSolidxGaming Member
edited June 2017 in General

I am using Virtualizor on my dedicated to make some kvm virtualization vps for my mc servers. It has a e3 1245 v2 processor which has 4 cores and 8 threads. In virtualizor during vps creation, it asks me for CPU percentage for each vps and this is the help article of that. http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Creating_A_VPS#CPU_Parameters

but if I make a large world, than the entire node load rises up a lot and hampers other players. I did it just for testing, but imagine you are selling vps, and a guy abuse cpu on one vps, than other vps will also be affected. this is very bad. Is it virtualizor bug? Or am I doing something wrong. And I am allotting 150% CPU (that means 1.5 threads), please correct me if I am wrong, and the load rises to 4+.

Edit: 1.5 thread fully used should mean 1.5 load right?

Comments

• VPSlicesVPSlices Member
    edited June 2017

Nope that's not a bug, that's why most (?) of providers suspend/shutdown VMs for very high CPU usage for so much time which affects other VMs drastically.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

How many virtual cores do you allocate per 1 VPS? Are you sure it is a CPU problem and not IO?

• @VPSlices said:
    Nope that's not a bug, that's why most (?) of providers suspend/shutdown VMs for very high CPU usage for so much time which affects other VMs drastically.

Oh, so it seems it's not virtualizor fault. But before I used to use Openvz and there was a software called nodewatch maybe which did the thing. Is there anything similar in KVM?

• Try CPU %: 20%

• Edit: 1.5 thread fully used should mean 1.5 load right?

Maybe.

Actually 4c+4ht you have cpu power for ~5 threads.