Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

alternative scaleway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

alternative scaleway

jazz1611jazz1611 Member
edited June 2017 in General

hello,

i'm looking alternative scaleway in USA with unlimited bandwidth.

Comments

• trvztrvz Member

ProfVPS.Com

• Vultr does not have unlimited bandwidth, DO advertises a cap but they don't enforce it.

• Byvm slices.

• trvztrvz Member

mikewazar said: Vultr does not have unlimited bandwidth, DO advertises a cap but they don't enforce it.

How do you know Vultr doesn't do the same?

• @trvz said:

mikewazar said: Vultr does not have unlimited bandwidth, DO advertises a cap but they don't enforce it.

How do you know Vultr doesn't do the same?

I use both.

• @jazz1611 said:
    hello,

Bare metal or virtual cloud?

• @trvz said:
    ProfVPS.Com

You're so meta...

• @cyberpersons said:

@jazz1611 said:
    hello,

Bare metal or virtual cloud?

Both is fine. Just need unlimited bandwidth.

• netpioneernetpioneer Member
    edited June 2017

What about unmetered traffic instead? :) OVH's 3€ KVM 2GB RAM 10GB SSD 100Mbps port unmetered data transfer in Montreal / Canada -- soon in Virginia and Oregon.

• @netpioneer said:

What about unmetered traffic instead? :) OVH's 3€ KVM 2GB RAM 10GB SSD 100Mbps port unmetered data transfer in Montreal / Canada -- soon in Virginia and Oregon.

100Mbps not enough for my project. Min is 300Mbps or Max 800Mbps

• No such thing.

In the bare metal offer you can (ab)use the CPU as much as you want and there's plenty of RAM.

Scaleway is comparable to small dedicated servers.

• @jazz1611 Witch feature of scaleway do you need ? Hour billing ? Dedicated hardward ? 1000mbps port ?

• @Janevski said:
    No such thing.

In the bare metal offer you can (ab)use the CPU as much as you want and there's plenty of RAM.

My project don't use high CPU, RAM, Disk I/O.

@ben47955 said:
    @jazz1611 Witch feature of scaleway do you need ? Hour billing ? Dedicated hardward ? 1000mbps port ?

Billing monthly. Maybe dedicated hardware. Min 500Mbps port.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

It amazes me what some people expect this days for $7.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • jazz1611 said: Maybe dedicated hardware. Min 500Mbps port.

Dedicated 500Mbps or burstable ? Dedicated will not be in scaleway price range. In any case, the ks1 from kimsufi still the cheaper option for dedicated hardware with a 100mbps.

• @Clouvider said:
    It amazes me what some people expect this days for $7.

Will not me ;)

@ben47955 said:

jazz1611 said: Maybe dedicated hardware. Min 500Mbps port.

Dedicated 500Mbps or burstable ? Dedicated will not be in scaleway price range. In any case, the ks1 from kimsufi still the cheaper option for dedicated hardware with a 100mbps.

Both is fine. Dedicated resource is better more. I know in USA is hard to see that provider as my request

• @jazz1611 said:

Scaleway's max bw is 200Mbps.

• @netpioneer said:

@jazz1611 said:

Scaleway's max bw is 200Mbps.

Scaleway has 200mbps, 250mbps, 300mbps, 500mbps, 800mbps and 1gbps offerings

Thanked by 1netpioneer
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2017

netpioneer said: Scaleway's max bw is 200Mbps.

Actually this isn't completely true, on their higher tiers they provide 300Mbit, 500Mbit, 800Mbit on the 'bare metal' line of servers. They are however much more expensive than $7, starting at 11.99 Euro for the 300Mbit (C2S).

That said, no, you will not find someone dumb enough to give you full burstable gigabit access for $7 per month on a VPS. VPS servers are 'fair share' and are not to be used 24/7 at high rates. You will need to look at getting a dedicated server and even then a lot of dedicated providers still operate on 'fair share' not dedicated bandwidth, so you will need to be sure to clarify your intended usage with the provider before you purchase something thinking you get to use 800Mbit 24/7 because in most cases this will get you suspended for abuse.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• seanhoseanho Member

@jazz1611 said:

@Janevski said:

>

My project don't use high CPU, RAM, Disk I/O.

Billing monthly. Maybe dedicated hardware. Min 500Mbps port.

If you don't need CPU, RAM, or disk I/O, I wonder if a VPS might be more suitable. Unlimited 500Mbps is a really big ask, your budget should be up toward $80-90/mo or more. Do you really need unlimited? Do you have metrics on your current traffic? Can you offload static resources to a CDN?

• My project run max port at 11:00 - 13:00 and 21:00 - 00:00. That range time use max port cuz many visitor. Other time use low port.

• seanho said: If you don't need CPU, RAM, or disk I/O, I wonder if a VPS might be more suitable. Unlimited 500Mbps is a really big ask, your budget should be up toward $80-90/mo or more. Do you really need unlimited? Do you have metrics on your current traffic? Can you offload static resources to a CDN?

Current it use 5-8TB (in+out)/day

• DETioDETio Member

Packet.net for the other people that want a scaleway alternative that is bare metal and not a VM and launches instantly.

• @DETio said:
    Packet.net for the other people that want a scaleway alternative that is bare metal and not a VM and launches instantly.

But also far too expensive for the typical LET audience.

• @DETio said:

look at their B/W pricing.

@jazz1611 said:
    My project run max port at 11:00 - 13:00 and 21:00 - 00:00. That range time use max port cuz many visitor. Other time use low port.

your budget?

use multiple vps, ex ovh, buyvm

• DETioDETio Member
    edited June 2017

jgillich said: But also far too expensive for the typical LET audience.

Type 0 is worth it for the price, the other plans maybe not so much.

sibaper said: look at their B/W pricing.

Just noticed they don't include any bandwidth and charge from 1GB, at $0.05/gb. Ok that's a bit on the expensive side.

• I wondering is there alternative scaleway and accept Cryptocurrency (bitcoin,Eth etc..)