Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is how host1free NOT finally ceased - They're back in business - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is how host1free NOT finally ceased - They're back in business

2»

Comments

• I got my Free VPS within an hour of signing up. I also had one in the past and did not receive any Emails from an automatic creation they were talking about.

• I applied before it went down and have applied now and can't get one :-(

• Yes, I also get rejected now for the re-application of my original account.

• I got mine approved and activated within 24 hours.

• still waiting here.. :D after 4or5 hour a go re-register

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited July 2013

I got one, took 2 days or so...
    @sundaymouse - maybe a change to the thread title is needed?

• @asterisk14 The Title change is up to the mods/admins, not the topic creator.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Jeffrey said:
    asterisk14 The Title change is up to the mods/admins, not the topic creator.

It depends.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • After some tricks been used, I also received a box from them. So I have to admit they are not dead yet.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited July 2013

@netomx said:
    I got my VPS too.

How did You get the VPS? Just applied on the webpage form?
    How long did it take to get it?

I signed up for one today, i'll be using it as a DNS server, most likely.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Janevski Yup, like half a day.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Looks like you guys are lucky, this is what I got:

Hello,

We are sorry to inform you that your free VPS application was not approved.

There could be multiple reasons behind this:

• You have not supplied correct personal information in the registration form;
    • Our servers currently do not have enough free resources to create virtual machines.

Please try submitting your application again in few months.

Please note that HOST1FREE technical support is provided ONLY in HOST1FREE http://www.host1free.com/forum/ technical support forum.

Best Regards,
    Host1Free.com

• They suspended registrations, as they ran out of IPs.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited July 2013

@netomx said:
    Janevski Yup, like half a day.

Thanks for the info.

Today i got my rejection notice, it states that either my supplied data is invalid (which is not) or their servers are full.

Anyhow, i got what i *paid for - nothing. *Except for sharing my personal information with them, as requested.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

:(

• @dazedandconfused said:
    They suspended registrations, as they ran out of IPs.

I thought they own the IP block, otherwise the cost of IP alone would probably ruin their balance sheet...

• @zhuanyi said:
    I thought they own the IP block, otherwise the cost of IP alone would probably ruin their balance sheet...

Whois on their IPs clearly says that IPs are PA from Ghostnet.

• As this doesn't usually happen in the industry, this IP change has marked the sign of their consideration of ceasing the free VPS service.

Hang out a little bit longer and you'll see this. Not everybody on here runs their own networks and a LEB provider being kicked out of a DC is not unheard of

• Funny thread title. Doesn't make much sense. ;-)

• @joelgm said:
    Funny thread title. Doesn't make much sense. ;-)

When they were down, the original title was "This is how host1free finally ceased".
    But as the things propagate, the reality is against what I predicted, which forced Mr @spirit to change the title.

• I think @spirit took the easy way out and applied a Boolean NOT operator on the title. |:P

• @joelgm said:
    I think spirit took the easy way out and applied a Boolean NOT operator on the title. |:P

I am waiting for the thread with the XOR operator then ;)

• SpiritSpirit Member

@joelgm said:
    I think spirit took the easy way out and applied a Boolean NOT operator on the title. |:P

@Spirit is just back from short (2 days) vacations. He hasn't touched anything at LET yet :)

• MuZoMuZo Member

HOST1FREE is proud to announce that we are expanding and will be providing our free VPS services in South America very soon!

Begin your registrations today and receive a free VPS solution located in South America!

I'm trying to register but it always says "Your name can only contains letters" under hostname even if I use only letters...