Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest .co registrar?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest .co registrar?

myhkenmyhken Member
edited June 2017 in General

I have used Godaddy for my domains for years. But now they have started to add taxes on my domains, so the price is really high.
I have moved all my .com/.net/.me/.biz domains to my norwegian registrar (there do I get discount because I have a lot of domains there), but they do not carry .co domains.

Godaddy.com is taking $43.74 ($34.99 + $8.75 in taxes) for one year renew per .co domain.
I live in Norway if that's matter.

What registrar can I use that take less then Godaddy.com for .co domains? I have just a few domains left.

Comments

• farnoxfarnox Member

We can offer .co domains for 29€ per year including taxes.

• Take a look at Namesilo - they're a very decent registrar and usually offer lifetime WHOIS privacy as an added bonus. From their main page, the .co domain appears to be about $22-$23/year (should be all inclusive). Porkbun is also quite popular (esp. recently) and their pricing is close/comparable to Namesilo (on the .co).

I'm sure there are others but over the long run, I'm not sure how good/viable they are.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @farnox said:
    We can offer .co domains for 29€ per year including taxes.

Jeez man. NameCheap has it for $31 CAD/year. $9.45 CAD first year special.

@myhken Go with NameCheap, and transfer out after 60 days to NameSilo.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • lurchlurch Member

Found this https://www.domcomp.com/tld/co be aware some of the pricing offers are first year based.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • myhkenmyhken Member

I did go for Namesilo, just under $23/year including everything. Also free whois protection. Now just two domains left at GD, I have to wait to the end of next month before I can move them also. Then, no more Godaddy for me.

Thanked by 3doghouch Amitz bersy
  • Take a look at tld-list.com where you'll be able to find the cheapest registrar for each tld.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @myhken said:
    I did go for Namesilo, just under $23/year including everything. Also free whois protection. Now just two domains left at GD, I have to wait to the end of next month before I can move them also. Then, no more Godaddy for me.

Good choice lol

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

Check Bigrock, you can register a .co under $10

Thanked by 1myhken
  • sanvitsanvit Member

https://porkbun.com/products/details

$21.94 incl. domain privacy

Thanked by 1myhken
  • myhkenmyhken Member

@Lisah said:
    Like GoDaddy, Namecheap is also one of the well-known company for web hosting & domain registration. The .Co domain name is available at $6.88 in Namecheap. so I guess it would be the preferable choice for you.

Yea, but have you taken your time to read my first post, I'm not talking about new domains, but renewals. Namecheap takes $22.99 second year.

• @myhken said:
    Yea, but have you taken your time to read my first post, I'm not talking about new domains, but renewals. Namecheap takes $22.99 second year.

that another spammer, from cheapxxxxxx thwy spam every post about SSL