Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU CSGO Game Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EU CSGO Game Server

xpygmyxpygmy Member
edited June 2017 in Requests

Hi,

I am looking for any good CSGO Game Servers. I don't have a budget.

I want to run a 16-24 player (depending on cost) CSGO Deathmatch server. I just want it to be basic with no fancy shit added on. It must run extremely well, 128tick, have little lag, loss etc.

I want it to be similar to fragshack. The only plugins I am looking for are a plugin that will refill ammo and a bit of health after every kill and for bots to fill the slots if the server is not full.

Ideally, I would prefer a managed server where I don't have to configure and install everything. I am from the UK, so a UK server would be a plus.

I know about verygames, i3d, ckras, soyoustart and ovh. Are these any good?

Any suggestions would be super helpful.

Accepting bitcoin would be a bonus.

Comments

• BopieBopie Member

Try nitrous networks, they are owned by the same people who own zare, maybe @zare can give you more info however they are uk server with included ddos protection and run really well

Thanked by 1Zare
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited June 2017

Fragnet is solid option if you want managed gameserver hosting and not a VPS/Dedi that has to be managed/configured manually. There are others like Vilayer and Multiplay but they lose in quality against Fragnet. http://www.fragnet.net/games/csgo-v2 They do accept bitcoins via Bit-pay payment gateway.

• rivermiguerivermigue Member
    edited June 2017

If for any reason you decide to go with a VPS company, make sure they offer dedicated CPU usage as CSGO servers will max a cpu core with 128 tick rate and 16 - 24 players, also make sure that the CPU would be at least 3.1+Ghz to avoid any lag spikes

Thanked by 1xpygmy
  • I own a rather large CSGO gaming community with 25+ servers across the world so have good knowledge in this field.

A 16 slot game server is a relevantly small game server in the grand scale of things to host so a single game server is probably the best route to go down if you have no previous experience in hosting a game server at all.

If all goes well and you want to add to your server array then i would recommend getting something like a VDS from EOReality. For $19.99/m you can choose from a vast number of locations across the world, host upto 64 slots on 3 services and add and remove services, slots, game etc as you wish.

Other companies you may way to look at are ViLayer, Fragnet, Nitrous Networks who all offer cut price services. However from experience, having owned servers with all of them at some point. i would go with EOReality if you are looking for performance over cost.

I do have my own dedicated server in France if you are wanting a server setup, PM me for more information.

• GSP are fucking rip offs, a dedicated server listed on here would cost as much as some low level oversold crap they flog

• pikepike Veteran
    edited June 2017

https://www.g-portal.com/ Located in Germany, well known gameserver host. DDoS protection by link11.

If you can manage it on your own have a look at the hetzner server auctions. The good servers start @ 25€ but you totally get what you pay for. I wouldn't use a VPS for gameservers, but I only host cs 1.6 and css servers so maybe csgo is eating less ressources ;)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2017

@pike said:
    https://www.g-portal.com/ Located in Germany, well known gameserver host. DDoS protection by link11.

If you can manage it on your own have a look at the hetzner server auctions. The good servers start @ 25€ but you totally get what you pay for. I wouldn't use a VPS for gameservers, but I only host cs 1.6 and css servers so maybe csgo is eating less ressources ;)

G-Portal was great back when I used it.

If you wanna setup csgo on a vps to get more performance​ and pay less check out:
    https://gameservermanagers.com/lgsm/csgoserver/

I think gameservers.com is also pretty good and in the UK of I remember correctly. They even offer demo servers and 5 day money back: https://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/csgo-128-tickrate.php

Thanked by 1pike
  • pikepike Veteran

@Ympker said:

Gameservers hosted by gamers, for gamers. You can feel the quality, specially for cs 1.6 (I guess it's because of their linux kernel)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • HxxxHxxx Member

GameServers which is by Vultr / Choppa , etc. Good company.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited June 2017

@pike said:

@Ympker said:

Gameservers hosted by gamers, for gamers. You can feel the quality, specially for cs 1.6 (I guess it's because of their linux kernel)

All I felt was lag during BF3 times when they assigned our 64-slot server (2,70€/slot/m) to a E3 server with +8 portnumbers from normal. Meaning there was 9+ gameservers total cramped into a single machine and same IP. (And we counted as many from gametracker). Besides, you can run a goldsrc server even from a raspberry pi with some mods.. The fact some provider manages to setup one that does not lag with modern hardware means nothing in terms of quality.

We changed to Fragnet (costed us +15€/m) and the server wide lag was gone. We got our own IP too. It was quality we didin't get from gameservers. Since then it was only meaningful for us to host games that allow self hosting. Besides, that is 5x cheaper anyway.

In best possible scenario, fuck with the GSPs like Gameservers, Fragnet and Multiplay, if possible host your own servers from a Dedi/VPS instead.

• RaymannnRaymannn Member
    edited June 2017

You will want to use NFOServers.com - they aren't the cheapest, but they are the best when it comes to a managed game server. Some of it's key features include: - install sourcemod/metamod via their control panel - access the server console - send rcon commands - automatic gameserver updates - free fastdl server. More importantly, their support response times is almost less than a minute (during US hours), but it's still great during EU hours.

If you do an IP lookup at the top gameservers on GameTracker, the majority of them are hosted by NFOServers. Their performance cannot be matched by any managed gameserver provider.

• pikepike Veteran

@stefeman said:
    All I felt was lag during BF3 times

BF3 is not csgo. css and cs1.6 can be better compared to csgo.