Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which one do you suggest? Hetzner PX61-NVMe vs OVH SP-32 with NVMe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which one do you suggest? Hetzner PX61-NVMe vs OVH SP-32 with NVMe?

nhocconannhocconan Member
edited June 2017 in Help

I am considering trying a server with NVMe to see if it is valuable to replace all in some of my production things since NVMe servers are more expensive than others.

I am comparing 2 servers:

Not taken the location into place, which one that you can suggest please? What I can see:

• Hetzner PX61-NVMe has a better price if I decide to use it for a long term (1 year for example).
  • Hetzner PX61-NVMe has 2 x 512 GB NVMe Gen3 x4 while OVH has 2x450GB SSD NVMe. I'm not sure about performance.
  • Hetzner has 64 GB DDR4 ECC RAM while OVH has 32G RAM
  • OVH seems to have better CPU: E3-1270v6 vs E3-1275 v5 in Hetzner
  • OVH has better bandwidth
  • OVH will be cheaper if I decide to run VMs with one-time IP pricing model
  • Hetzner seems to have better support. However, I might not need it :-)

Is there anyone use both of them and can give more insight, please? Any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• ZerpyZerpy Member

Hetzner uses consumer NVMe drives, expect 5-10x less lifetime on the NVMe drives.

Thanked by 2nhocconan vmhaus
  • @Zerpy said:
    Hetzner uses consumer NVMe drives, expect 5-10x less lifetime on the NVMe drives.

Oh, I did not aware of this. I know they use mostly consumer HDD in their auction server, but do not know in their normal product lines.

• @nhocconan said:

@Zerpy said:

Oh, I did not aware of this. I know they use mostly consumer HDD in their auction server, but do not know in their normal product lines.

Hetzner uses enterprise HDD's on there normal product line. On serverboerse you can see which server comes with and which without enterprise HDD's.

I have no information about their nvme drives, but if theres nothing like "Class Enterprise" i think it will be a desktop nvme.

Thanked by 1nhocconan