Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More than 1 domain at nic.eu.org question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

More than 1 domain at nic.eu.org question

wjtwjt Member

Has any of you request for more than 1 domain from nic.eu.org?

Does it take forever to get it? I got the first domain in about 4 to 5 days, and i request another one a week later, 2 months+ has past and they are still pending.

Comments

• AldebianAldebian Member
    edited June 2017

i have 3 domains at eu.org and still just fine.

maybe your new domain's NS when register is not pointed to the DNS management

• wjtwjt Member
    edited June 2017

Aldebian said: maybe your new domain's NS when register is not pointed to the DNS management

I retried one of the previously requested domain and it says i have pending request, so it means it's still stuck. Maybe they have peak month or something where request gets overloaded they are delaying registration? I don't know. Maybe too many people requested the same domain name, or what have you. I'm going to try a bunch of domains now and see if some longer names gets approve faster.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Or just don't bother and get a real domain.

• wjtwjt Member

rm_ said: Or just don't bother and get a real domain

Why have i never thought of this ?! Genius !

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@wjt said:
    Has any of you request for more than 1 domain from nic.eu.org?

Does it take forever to get it? I got the first domain in about 4 to 5 days, and i request another one a week later, 2 months+ has past and they are still pending.

Although I don't have any experience with this, are you trying to register a (direct) subdomain or a subdomain of a subdomain? I assume that you've read https://nic.eu.org/register.html , in particular:

[2.] Choose an open domain to register in, according to the record type you want. Try to avoid registration directly under EU.org, better pick one of EU.org's subdomains if you can;

[3.] If you really, really want to register directly in EU.org, check the policy for direct subdomains; there are intentionally more constraints;

• wjtwjt Member

angstrom said: Although I don't have any experience with this

I already have a domain with them, only the additional domain is taking forever, so i'm asking if that's the case with everyone, as in if they give priority to first time user first domain.

@wjt said:

angstrom said: Although I don't have any experience with this

I already have a domain with them, only the additional domain is taking forever, so i'm asking if that's the case with everyone, as in if they give priority to first time user first domain.

My point is that they clearly want to discourage direct subdomains, so perhaps the first direct subdomain was a show of good will on their part, but then they'd prefer for you to choose a subdomain of a subdomain, as their guidelines suggest.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2017

wjt said: Maybe too many people requested

wjt said: if they give priority to first time user first domain.

angstrom said: want to discourage direct subdomains

Neither are an excuse to leave it in "Pending" for months, just set it to Rejected or something. "You can't complain because it's a free service", firstly, that's why I do not recommend bothering with them (had a similar experience in the past), secondly, if you provide a service so poorly, there is a certain point after which you'd better just stop wasting people's time by pretending to even provide it.

My guess what actually happened: the only guy who still approves these applications got bored and/or simply forgot to keep checking the site from time to time.

@rm_ said: My guess what actually happened: the only guy who still approves these applications got bored and/or forgot to keep checking the site from time to time.

Yeah, sounds plausible.

@wjt: If you want a free subdomain and don't insist on eu.org, have a look at http://freedns.afraid.org/ . (I host two domains there which anyone may choose a free subdomain of, but there are plenty of other domains to choose from.)

Thanked by 1wjt
  • wjtwjt Member

Offtopic, but since you brought up freedns i have subdomain there, question is if i can point the subdomain to my own nameserver on the free acccount? It's a little bit confusing there for me.

@wjt said:

Offtopic, but since you brought up freedns i have subdomain there, question is if i can point the subdomain to my own nameserver on the free acccount? It's a little bit confusing there for me.

No, I don't think so.

I guess that since the whole point of freedns is dns, the domains hosted there use freedns (because this is why the domains are there to begin with -- like my two domains), and given that the free subdomains are offered by freedns, it would make sense that these subdomains also use freedns. Again, this is the whole point of freedns.

In sum, if you really want to use your own nameserver, then a free subdomain from freedns won't work for you (as far as I can tell).

Thanked by 1wjt