Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Spamfilter?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Spamfilter?

Currently use postlayer but it's recently been acquired by J2 and it looks like it's going to be integrated/migrated onto their platform.

Given the reviews of fusemail that's a little concerning, are there any alternatives worth looking at?

Thing about Postlayer is that it was cheap and it really did catch most of the crap, I've tried the built-in spamfiltering on @mailcheap and whilst it does catch most of the stuff I still don't like the way quarantine works there I prefer to receive a Quarantine summery at the end of the day and I quite like the stats/graphs you can get out of the postlayer dashboard.

Comments

• spamexperts

but they didn't send summary either

• Hmm that's one of the features I really like sadly.

• Hello @dragon2611 you probably want a provider that provides SpamTitan spam filtering. It provides a daily quarantine report like you are wanting.

I know a few providers that do the filtering at $1 per account but you have to filter all accounts on your domain, you can't only filter a single account.

If you are interested let me know and I will drop you an option in PM.

Cheers!

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

sibaper said: spamexperts

but they didn't send summary either

They do, if you activate it!

@dragon2611
    For how many domains are you looking to filter the incoming spam, and what's your budget?

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited June 2017

probably 5-6 domains with a couple users on each, most of which are domain aliases which is why I liked postlayer it was cheap and seems to be rather effective.

The filtering on my mailcheap instance itself wasn't terrible just it can't send a quarantine which means I either have to remember to check interface or have it let everything through but tag it with SPAM in the subject line so a filter can move it to the spam folder, which I don't really like that much esp on a false positive.

@dragon2611
    I can offer you incoming spam filtering for 2€ (+vat) /month/domain with free aliases, unlimited mailboxes and email report. Minimum contract period 6 month. This doesn't include the mailboxes itself.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2017

If you use cPanel, then ASSP does that :) I got some customers running it and they love it.

Francisco

• bitninjas.. they suck and most likely don't have a f idea of what you want

• mgilangmgilang Member
    edited June 2017

+1, they also send abuse to DC and they are mask the domain with ***
    example: domain.com
    they hide with : d***in.com
    and you can guest, to unveil, you must register and bla bla bla to bitninjes

@inthecloudblog said:
    bitninjas.. they suck and most likely don't have a f idea of what you want

• Well they totally bungled the migration to fusemail and there's no one there to support it either, only managed to get in by doing a password reset and even then that's only the end user quarantine.

They didn't send out an admin login, it looks like they've changed it over but lots of mail is going AWOL

Giving Mxguarddog a try for now but if that doesn't work out then I might get in touch with @gleert

dragon2611 said: Giving Mxguarddog a try for now but if that doesn't work out then I might get in touch with @gleert

If you want you can try 1 domain for 1 month...

• lurchlurch Member

Mxguarddog sounds like what I've been after as well will give them a try.

• Well I finally got access to the admin panel on fusemail and can see exactly what they did to botch the migration, not all the domains on my postlayer account used the same backend email server but instead of copying the config properly and verifying they just pointed everything at one mailserver which of course rejected email for the domains not configured on it.

On the upside no issues with mxguarddog and it seems to work pretty well

• cassacassa Member
    edited July 2017

We can do external spam filtering as well. Our 5 domain package costs €8,75 excl VAT per month. If you need the 6th domain, I can add it for €1,50 excl VAT per month. Aliases can be added for free.

We use the SpamExperts platform and you'll get access to the control panel.

If you're interested, please send us an email at [email protected]

• k0nslk0nsl Member

I can recommend SpamHero as I was very satisfied with their service when I used it.