Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A LoveServers review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A LoveServers review

Hey all!
After the last few months with LoveServers, I feel it would be appropriate to leave a review of a provider who I don’t see talked about too much.
I first signed up with LoveServers in August of last year. My initial impressions were fairly positive – the VPS I purchased from them was set up quickly and ran well. I purchased the VPS primarily for a BGP session, which was set up quickly and without any issues. When I requested BGP communities to control my announcements, I was informed that Iomart did not have any at the time for IPv6, but that a request would be made to get them set up. After a short period of time and lots of persistence from Jack (including proactive updates on the status of my request), they were operational. I’ve had zero downtime (apart from restarts I ran) on my VPS, something that seems to be rarer from the majority of providers these days.
The fact that the service has run without a hitch while simultaneously providing for relatively abnormal requests still amazes me, especially for the price.
I’m happy to say my experience with LoveServers has been exceptional. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for stable and reliable service.
Benchmarks can be found here
If you have any specific benchmarks you would like me to run, let me know and I’ll post the output.

Comments

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

I've also had a good experience with LoveServers but wish they would offer full tables for IPv6. I know a few others would also like to have it available to them.

• I concur, having a good experience with LoveServers. I've ran a personal VPN with no issues over the last 24+ months.

@Jack said:

@Rhys said:
    wish they would offer full tables for IPv6. I know a few others would also like to have it available to them.

As I said on discord, give me a good reason why you need full tables compared to a default as next hop is always going to be the same and I'll make it happen :).

multiple upstreams.

£10 bribe included

• J1021J1021 Member

@Jack said:

@Rhys said:
    wish they would offer full tables for IPv6. I know a few others would also like to have it available to them.

As I said on discord, give me a good reason why you need full tables compared to a default as next hop is always going to be the same and I'll make it happen :).

Give him a good reason why he can't have full table.

• @Jack said:

@kcaj said:

As it will require a change at our side, which I don't see much benefit to him by doing, I've told him if he can provide a need for it, I'll make it happen.

You'll thank me later:

(in response to @GenjiSwitchPls weak memes)

• I've also had two servers with them. I have only good memories. Fast & good.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2017

@Jack said:

@kcaj said:

As it will require a change at our side, which I don't see much benefit to him by doing, I've told him if he can provide a need for it, I'll make it happen.

Relatively small change. You can still send default only route to the Customers who have not requested it by a few lines long routing policy.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Jack said:

@Clouvider said:
    Relatively small change. You can still send default only route to the Customers who have not requested it by a few lines long routing policy.

Not necessarily, he'd need to change what router he was peering with as the one we do default from wouldn't handle full tables.

Aka "the routers that we pulled from the local skip can't do full tables"

Thanked by 3Clouvider Basil sally

Jack said: Feel free to comment on our service when you're actually a client :)

t'is good, you're a cock though <3

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

One can comment even without being your Customer. Conclusions can be made out of what you say here and elsewhere, what other Customers say. Said conclusions can be later debated here freely, I don't see why not.

Thanked by 2hawc J1021
  • @Clouvider said:

One can comment even without being your Customer. Conclusions can be made out of what you say here and elsewhere, what other Customers say. Said conclusions can be later debated here freely, I don't see why not.

█████CLOUVIDER█████ One of our Customers will certainly be happy to help    @AlexBarakov @AlexanderM @AnthonySmith @davidgestiondbi

That's on our great ★★MPLS-TE, Juniper based network ★ ★ (MX480, MX240, MX104- TRIO Chipset based fabric) with geographically dispersed routing sites across London.

See ★★★ http://bgp.he.net/AS62240 ★★★ We transit with ★Level3★, ★NTT★, ★GTT★, ★Telia★, ★Cogent★, have a premium private peering to ★★★Liberty Global EU Networks★★★ (Virgin Media included) and peer with likes of ★★★★BT, Sky UK, TalkTalk, AA ISP★★★ and others via ★★LINX★★.

• stfstf Member

LoveServers used to be brilliant. I suspect they have been taken over. They no longer offer the cheap micro-VPS. Their current prices are higher than mainstream alternatives (such as digitalocean). I still have a VPS with them but expect that will end at the next renewal as the latest OS available is Ubuntu 16.04 and they will not be supporting later versions. I have been unable to access the server for a week and the issue is still unresolved.

• My bet is on @qps!

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2020

@stf said: LoveServers used to be brilliant. I suspect they have been taken over. They no longer offer the cheap micro-VPS. Their current prices are higher than mainstream alternatives (such as digitalocean). I still have a VPS with them but expect that will end at the next renewal as the latest OS available is Ubuntu 16.04 and they will not be supporting later versions. I have been unable to access the server for a week and the issue is still unresolved.

Hi,

I think I found your ticket. The tech offered to recreate your VPS on the KVM platform which would allow you to use a newer OS.

Also, I'd like to know where "mainstream alternatives" offer a £15/year VM, because I don't think they do. This is a great value, considering the value of the IP address alone.

Thanked by 2donko jar
  • TerensMTerensM Member
    edited August 2020

however 80% of the menu is not reachable..

@TerensM said: however 80% of the menu is not reachable..

Should be fixed shortly if it hasn't been already - we were updating some settings and missed transferring over rewrite settings.

• HostingbotHostingbot Member, Host Rep

@stf said:
    LoveServers used to be brilliant. I suspect they have been taken over. They no longer offer the cheap micro-VPS. Their current prices are higher than mainstream alternatives (such as digitalocean). I still have a VPS with them but expect that will end at the next renewal as the latest OS available is Ubuntu 16.04 and they will not be supporting later versions. I have been unable to access the server for a week and the issue is still unresolved.

That kind of stuff just happens though. They probably weren't making much profit and the client base went up. As for the OS versions, that I do not have a guess on.

@Hostingbot said: That kind of stuff just happens though. They probably weren't making much profit and the client base went up. As for the OS versions, that I do not have a guess on.

I guess you read his comment and didn't bother to read our response. We didn't discontinue anything and pricing hasn't changed. We offered a path to fix the issue. We just need to hear back from the client at this point.

• HostingbotHostingbot Member, Host Rep

@qps said:

@Hostingbot said: That kind of stuff just happens though. They probably weren't making much profit and the client base went up. As for the OS versions, that I do not have a guess on.

I guess you read his comment and didn't bother to read our response. We didn't discontinue anything and pricing hasn't changed. We offered a path to fix the issue. We just need to hear back from the client at this point.

Yeah, I saw, I was about to post a reply saying disregard as its being handled in the ticket currently but got distracted lol