Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Provider in newcontinuum Chicago?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Provider in newcontinuum Chicago?

These data center seems having good performance from here.
Any LED from newcontinuum In Chicago?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Please don't.

Francisco

Thanked by 1HackedServer
  • JunklessJunkless Member
    edited June 2017

@Francisco said:
    Please don't.

Francisco

any particular reason ? I have heard they did a lot of work to improve connectivity in the last few months.

• Why and reason?

@Francisco said:
    Please don't.

Francisco

• They haven't done anything to improve in years. We moved out last year and never looked back.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

There were a lot of issues with this facility in the past - just do a search on WHT.

That being said, alnitech.com offered servers from that facility in the past, but I don't know if that is still the case.

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

Indeed Alnitech are still there and I think Nexeon are in there too?

• Thanks. According to our clients feedback, their network performance is better than LAX in some area.

@qps said:
    There were a lot of issues with this facility in the past - just do a search on WHT.

That being said, alnitech.com offered servers from that facility in the past, but I don't know if that is still the case.

• While there network still isn't.... great... it is usable and if you need something specifically for a Chicago audience it can be reasonable, but they have had a bit of a iffy track record in the past.

I have used uplinkvps.com before in their Chicago location which I believe is in 'newcontinuum' for a project I had and for a super cheap server which was used mostly for data transfer it was 'Okay' but you should know from the start its an oversold operation and I probably wouldn't put production stuff on it.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• Thanks for your information. They are so bad? Didn't know yet...

@TheLinuxBug said:
    While there network still isn't.... great... it is usable and if you need something specifically for a Chicago audience it can be reasonable, but they have had a bit of a iffy track record in the past.

I have used uplinkvps.com before in their Chicago location which I believe is in 'newcontinuum' for a project I had and for a super cheap server which was used mostly for data transfer it was 'Okay' but you should know from the start its an oversold operation and I probably wouldn't put production stuff on it.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• ihadpihadp Member

Just remember, there was a time when they had a single 1Gbit connection for their entire datacenter back to Ubiquity's gear in Chicago.

They then blamed network congestion on ddos attacks, when in reality they have 2 rooms full of servers all trying to use the single 1gbit connection.

Then they had power failure after power failure.

Run, run far away.

• I couldn't imagine Continuum doing anything to actually improve and be a good DC.

If you want Chicago I suggest you check out Tzulo.

• That is terrible indeed. But my clients asking for servers in this data center. :(
    maybe too few Chinese clients there, and the connection be better in some situation.

@ihadp said:
    Just remember, there was a time when they had a single 1Gbit connection for their entire datacenter back to Ubiquity's gear in Chicago.

They then blamed network congestion on ddos attacks, when in reality they have 2 rooms full of servers all trying to use the single 1gbit connection.

Then they had power failure after power failure.

Run, run far away.