Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alibaba Cloud (Aliyun) 1Core 1GB 40GB SSD 1TB Xfer $30 for a whole year - NO China Locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alibaba Cloud (Aliyun) 1Core 1GB 40GB SSD 1TB Xfer $30 for a whole year - NO China Locations

TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
edited June 2017 in Providers

Received this email from Alibaba Cloud (Aliyun), seems like an okay price for the specs and locations.

1 CPU Core of E5 2682 v4
1GB DDR4 Ram
40GB SSD Cloud Disk
1TB Data Transfer

Available in:
Silicon Valley (US West)
Virginia (US East)
Frankfurt (EU Central)
Sydney (Australia)

$30 for a whole year, I am not sure what this means, probably 1st year only.

https://intl.aliyun.com/campaign/ecs-ssd-cloud-server

Some TOS stuff:

- This promotion is applicable for registered users of Alibaba Cloud.
- This promotion applies to ECS instances deployed in US West, US East, EU Central and Australia regions.
- This promotional offer cannot be used in conjunction with other special offers or coupons.
- This promotion is only applicable to subscription orders, not renewal orders.
- This promotion is limited to 10 orders per user, with 1 instance per order. Each user can purchase up to 10 instances.
- If an individual user has multiple accounts, only one account is eligible to participate.
- This promotion is valid until August 19, 2017.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Offer is fine, however, arubacloud offers almost the same for 1 euro/month. so 12 euro/year is far less than this.

• @cyberpersons said:
    Offer is fine, however, arubacloud offers almost the same for 1 euro/month. so 12 euro/year is far less than this.

Not in australia kiddo.

• @cyberpersons said:
    Offer is fine, however, arubacloud offers almost the same for 1 euro/month. so 12 euro/year is far less than this.

It's not that good anymore. I don't know where these servers are exactly located (in terms of DC's) but Arubas "good" DC's (meaning basically none of their own) are now priced at at least 4,99€ per month for new registrations, resulting in ~60€ per year.
    Also, they don't offer US or even Australia locations.
    (PS: I got one at Aruba as well, so this is not due to don't like them)
    Would be interesting about the location of Frankfurt DC.

• YuraYura Member

1st year only.

• @bluesega said:

@cyberpersons said:

It's not that good anymore. I don't know where these servers are exactly located (in terms of DC's) but Arubas "good" DC's (meaning basically none of their own) are now priced at at least 4,99€ per month for new registrations, resulting in ~60€ per year.
    Also, they don't offer US or even Australia locations.
    (PS: I got one at Aruba as well, so this is not due to don't like them)
    Would be interesting about the location of Frankfurt DC.

Well, then I can not say much because it is quite some time since I have last used them. But I used to have 4-5 virtual machines with them and all worked just fine.

• From my experience their disk I/O sucks, hanging around 20-30 MB/s. Don't buy it if that is an issue to you.
    Also, Aliyun has some pre-built 'Security/Monitoring Software' installed in all their linux distributions. I'd recommend everyone get rid of it before you put the vm into production. Looks like a backdoor to me.

• @dedipromo said:
    From my experience their disk I/O sucks, hanging around 20-30 MB/s. Don't buy it if that is an issue to you.
    Also, Aliyun has some pre-built 'Security/Monitoring Software' installed in all their linux distributions. I'd recommend everyone get rid of it before you put the vm into production. Looks like a backdoor to me.

Good point, I noticed it when I had my trial VPS with them, didn't care too much as I wasn't running anything worth spying on the VM.

• They ask you when you deploy if you want to have it installed or not.

• I smell WSS clone in this thread

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@cyberpersons said:

Price is not the only factor.

• @Clouvider said:

@cyberpersons said:

Price is not the only factor.

When I used Aruba cloud, they were not bad as well. Service was good considering the price of 1 Euro.

• Censorship. Censorship. Censorship.

• cxcoolcxcool Member

1 YEAR is a long time - -...Dont worry you will get a better price next year for sure - -...Any way they only caculate outbound traffic ..So the price is OK