Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

smtp service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

smtp service

hi guys

i'm looking for a SMTP service to send emails but there is a issue

I have an old database that i didn't use from almost 2 years now and i'm not sure if all the mails are still working, any idea?

BD : 500k email

Thanks

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2017

That sounds like unsolicited email, aka spam. You surely don't have 500k email addresses who signed up for what you want to send them or it wouldn't be a list that you question its validity nor would it have been sitting unused for two years.

Can you clarify to me how this is not spam?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

SERVED

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Provider tag = gone?

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • @jarland said:
    That's called unsolicited email, aka spam. You definitely don't have 500k email addresses who signed up for what you want to send them or it wouldn't be a list that you question its validity nor would it have been sitting unused for two years.

LET does not assist people in sending spam. Can you clarify to me how this is not?

@Jarlad,
    they are my own database and yes no SPAM :)

the project was closed from 2 years and now it's time to relaunch again, it's a Travel Website (when you work as a partner in a project the problem come daily so we decide to close it at that time)

So now if i sent an email to those users i will spam them ):

@Nekki i'm a provider because i provide dedicated servers (our own hardware) not just a simple reseller :)

Thanked by 1Ricky89
  • I'd call it spam and if i got an email from a dead service 2 years ago i'd tell you to fuck off.

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:
    I'd call it spam and if i got an email from a dead service 2 years ago i'd tell you to fuck off.

daamn so we should pay many $$ in facebook & adword again

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited June 2017

I wouldn't really encourage this, however you can use www.neverbounce.com to scrub your list.

Your problem is going to be, I'll bet roughly 30% of your list is gmail addresses. All those will validate, even if they're bad. If gmail detects a poor open rate, users marking it as spam, you'll never recover.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

coreston said: daamn so we should pay many $$ in facebook & adword again

To be honest, probably yeah. I mean that would be the right thing to do. Whether or not it's what everyone else would do... well that's more questionable.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

There may be a happy medium for this, such as sending out an email (and only one) to the list saying the service is relaunching and provide a link to opt in to a new subscriber list. Most old subscribers probably won't know of the relaunch otherwise and those that don't care can ignore the single email with minimal harm done. Thoughts?

• YuraYura Member

Sitting on a double opt-in 500k list for 2 years doing nothing? Such a waste if it's true. I doubt that, no business in the world is that allergic to money.

• thank's guy for the info

@Yura said:
    Sitting on a double opt-in 500k list for 2 years doing nothing? Such a waste if it's true. I doubt that, no business in the world is that allergic to money.

the list was no thing from what we lost ! as it's was with a lot of lawyers and ...

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited June 2017

@jarland said:

coreston said: daamn so we should pay many $$ in facebook & adword again

To be honest, probably yeah. I mean that would be the right thing to do. Whether or not it's what everyone else would do... well that's more questionable.

Could also use CRM retargeting to target those who were previously signed up with a targeted message.

"Remember us? We're re-launching, better than ever.

Reconfirm your email below..."

Super easy with twitter, probably Facebook as well.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited June 2017

Yura said: Sitting on a double opt-in 500k list for 2 years doing nothing? Such a waste if it's true. I doubt that, no business in the world is that allergic to money.

I unpublished a 200k-like fb page (still retaining them if I ever republish it) and 188k emails (opt in newsletter ticked when signing up to forum - IPB) when I shut down a site.

I'm restarting it this month and actually curious as to what to do too.

• YuraYura Member

@hzr said:
    I'm restarting it this month and actually curious as to what to do too.

Well, the unsatisfying but correct answer is - it depends. I'm sure you are already aware of that, though. It hugely depends on what is the nature of your resources, your audience, how much they trust you and how engaged they are, are they marketable at all or a bunch of freeloaders/lulz seekers, etc., etc. We can apply a bunch of business metrics to try and gauge this all day long. Ultimately, I firmly believe that person who amassed 100k-1kk audience must know his people well enough to understand what will work and what won't.

FB pages and forums are orthogonal in pretty much everything regarding audience responses and engagement. The best you can do is test, test, test because any profit model may work reasonably well. Services, digital goods, physical goods, books, tutorials, affiliates, heck even crowdsourcing.

You have many people's attention, presumably because you bring value in their lives. Add more value and they will repay you handsomely. If, for any reason, you can't or don't want to work on that, find someone else who understands people's needs and willing to help them with whatever they are doing or experiencing.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@coreston said:
    @Nekki i'm a provider because i provide dedicated servers (our own hardware) not just a simple reseller :)

I literally couldn't give a fuck.