Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server with GPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server with GPU

VCTVCT Member

Hey,

Can anyone provide me with a dedicated server with a powerful GPU (something like a GTX 1080 or ATI equivalent would be fine)? I have some machine learning heavy lifting to do...

I'm just going to run these GPU intensive tasks, so:
CPU can be shitty
Traffic can be small (I doubt I'll even use 1TB/month)
No need for lots of RAM (8 or even 4GB is fine)
No more than 50GB worth of HD space (no need for SSD or RAID)

Thanks, everyone :)

Comments

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

I would suggest contacting Psychz I know they had servers which included a 1080 but im sure its expensive.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2017

a 1070 costs less than 400EUR, a server with a 1070/1080 costs you at least 100EUR/mo (eg. Hetzner) - likely cheaper to buy a GPU if you need it more than ~3 months.

• VCTVCT Member

Sure, I'm not expecting to pay $7 here...
    Hetzner's problem is the setup fee, which is quite high unfortunately :(

• FredQcFredQc Member

Check OVH, they have legacy servers with dual GPU cards.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

• Why not build your own GPU workstation; do take a look at William's recent post selling his used GPUs :p

• Hit up @Dedispec they do this.

They also do GPU colocation

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

VCT said: Hetzner's problem is the setup fee, which is quite high unfortunately :(

Actually compared to everyone else that is doing GPU servers the setup fee is incredibly reasonable given the hardware costs.

If you find another offer, assume your keeping it for 6 months, spread the total cost out over, pretty sure hetzner will come out on top every time.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • qbeststarqbeststar Member, Host Rep

Hetzner give best price, for example balticservers only for GPU GTX 1080 want more than 100 Euro + server price 130 Euro.

• VCTVCT Member

@Someone said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    Hit up @Dedispec they do this.

They also do GPU colocation

Dedispec is sadly out of that business (for now) with no idea on when they will be back.

Better don't waste your time with them.

That's a shame...

@AnthonySmith said:

VCT said: Hetzner's problem is the setup fee, which is quite high unfortunately :(

Actually compared to everyone else that is doing GPU servers the setup fee is incredibly reasonable given the hardware costs.

If you find another offer, assume your keeping it for 6 months, spread the total cost out over, pretty sure hetzner will come out on top every time.

You have a point there...

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

OVH has cloud servers with a dedicated GTX 1060 for 110 euros/mo. No setup fees there.

• exception0x876 said: OVH has cloud servers with a dedicated GTX 1060 for 110 euros/mo. No setup fees there.

That is barely 20EUR less than hetzner WITH VAT, which is a 1080. A 1060 is pretty useless compared to 1070/1080, for mining and machine learning (by VRAM amount).

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@William said:
    That is barely 20EUR less than hetzner WITH VAT, which is a 1080. A 1060 is pretty useless compared to 1070/1080, for mining and machine learning (by VRAM amount).

You're right, but no setup fees makes it better for a short term period. For a long term period it is better to just buy a GPU as you stated earlier.

• Also short term it would be cheaper in this case, as a 1060 new is only 220EUR.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

We provide a geforce GTX1070 with the XEON GPU server.

It is charged 119€/month setup fee is 60€

-Xeon E3 1230v5

-32 GB

-1 TB

-100 Mbits unmetered

https://express.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server

• HOSKTKEY offers GPU servers with 1080 and 1080Ti graphics cards.
    You can get up to 8 cards per server.
    All components are in stock, so not need to wait for delivery of spare parts.
    A choice of locations: Russia, USA and the Netherlands.
    https://www.hostkey.com/gpu-servers

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Matrix_ said:
    HOSKTKEY offers GPU servers with 1080 and 1080Ti graphics cards.

Incredibly patient spambot?

• @Nekki said:

@Matrix_ said:
    HOSKTKEY offers GPU servers with 1080 and 1080Ti graphics cards.

Incredibly patient spambot?

They seem to have a decent # of IP addresses, so the spambot is from a decently sized company:

http://bgp.he.net/AS57043

That said, the post looks awfully like spam.

• RapidDediRapidDedi Member, Patron Provider

I mean have 1x i5 KabyLake with a 1080 TI, for how long are you planning to keep this