Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with BYOIP/BGP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with BYOIP/BGP

Hi there,

So looking for a VPS solution, ideally in the north west USA, that support bring your own IP... aka bgp.. I have my own AS + 2x /23 and IPv6 /36.

This will be used to terminate a couple VPN's from remote offices where we have some stuff hosted and provide redundancy to our primary peering. We have had some great luck with Vultr so far - so looking for another like it :).

Ideally looking at ~1TB a month allocation.. but options to destroy/rebuild or get more (say ~3TB) would be great. Would love to find another droplet provider with dynamic bgp (like Vultr) so we can also use you to host a couple websites on anycast as well - but not critical.. getting another virtual router up and running is the priority.

Any referrals would be awesome.

Thanks,

Jake

Comments

• Vultr probably will do for you.

• @Kirsten said:
    Vultr probably will do for you.

Reading comes natural for you doesn't it? OP already said they have Vultr, they want something like it, but not it.

• Yeah vultr is great - highly rate them.

Just looking for a second provider to be a secondary endpoint.. not that I don't trust vultr.. I prefer not to have everything with one company.

• If there is nothing else in North West USA - ill take anything with good connectivity to the North West

• Will you pay setup? BGP without setup is rare in US, especially on VPS.

• Yes

https://devcapsule.com/ Offers BGP in Los Angeles.

Thanked by 3Rhys Tom jakevis
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Why would you need a /23 on a VPS? I'm genuinely interested to know the use case.

• edited June 2017

@Clouvider said:
    Why would you need a /23 on a VPS? I'm genuinely interested to know the use case.

jakevis said: This will be used to terminate a couple VPN's from remote offices where we have some stuff hosted and provide redundancy to our primary peering.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Clouvider said:

jakevis said: This will be used to terminate a couple VPN's from remote offices where we have some stuff hosted and provide redundancy to our primary peering.

How would you use this supposed redundancy when your link is down ?

• @Clouvider said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Clouvider said:

I believe he means if Vultr breaks their routing (this is common) there is a second route.

• @William said:
    Will you pay setup? BGP without setup is rare in US, especially on VPS.

Yes - happy to pay setup.

• jakevisjakevis Member
    edited June 2017

@Clouvider said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Clouvider said:

So we have 4 sites - one of those sites (that hosts most things) has a connection from a provider that has native peering. All the sites have a secondary (and sometimes a third connection), but due to the locations and costs - getting native peering on these providers are cost prohibitive. So these sites establish a VPN to the primary site + VPS or Colo.

Most data goes natt'ed over the providers network (its cheaper and unlimited) - when the main link is down.. its wireless.. so happens.. but we still in to support inbound traffic when the devs host something. Hence the hosted routers ;)

.. I think last month we used about 100GB inbound (so 200GB inbound + Outbound), across our own IP ranges.. so its not huge, but it is critical for what we do.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • jakevis said: 2x /23

lol lucky 2 /23s

• @ethancedrik said:

jakevis said: 2x /23

lol lucky 2 /23s

Very ;) - we were under APNIC until we re-incorporated here in the US (ARIN migration just completed)... /22 was extra small there up until a couple years ago

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:
    Yes

https://devcapsule.com/ Offers BGP in Los Angeles.

Thanks @GenjiSwitchPls - ill check them out.

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

We can do this in Asheville, NC. Hit me up with the required vps configuration and budget

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited June 2017

jakevis said: (ARIN migration just completed)... /22 was extra small there up until a couple years ago

Yeah, I've heard of others doing that as well, pretty much the only way to get ARIN space these days besides auctions or leases

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited June 2017

We can do this at SpeedyKVM.COM

IP Announcement By SpeedyKVM (no ASN required)
    v4 AND v6 BGP Session (ASN required)

https://speedykvm.com/billing/cart.php?gid=6

Thanked by 1jakevis
  • Awesome, that's in Seattle and that general area as well

Thanked by 1jakevis
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

VMHaus will soon be offering BGP sessions for vps in our new London, UK location :D