Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ks mail blocked?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ks mail blocked?

akzakz Member

anyone know if kimsufi blocks port 25 by default? emails showing as sent but never actually get sent. I recently migrated my vestacp from online.net to kimsufi since the issue arised.

Comments

• No blocked ports in Kimsufi.

Thanked by 1akz
  • akzakz Member

then it must be the restore of vesta backup.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

akz said: emails showing as sent but never actually get sent

have you tried to check the SPAM folder? and check if the IP address on blacklists:
    https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

• Also, lots of ks IP ranges are blacklisted by MS. Contact them to whitelist your IP.

• you could use mail-tester.com to tes your email

• akzakz Member
    edited June 2017

checked my ip is not on any black list and is not in the spam folder.

apparently there is an issue with Ubuntu 14.04 with sendmail and needs to be reinstalled. Once I reinstalled sendmail I was receiving bounce back on the mailbox I was receiving the mails from which is gmail. Apparently the IPV6 reverse record which I am unable to set in Kimsufi is causing the issue had to re route the email to another email address and then forward back to gmail with a clean rdns/ptr.

anyone know a solution for this other than forwarding to a next email in order to forward back to gmail?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Everything's in the logs.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

akz said: Apparently the IPV6 reverse record which I am unable to set in Kimsufi is causing the issue had to re route the email to another email address and then forward back to gmail with a clean rdns/ptr

Disable IPv6.

Thanked by 2TheLinuxBug akz
  • IshaqIshaq Member

@jarland said: Disable IPv6.

CC would hire you.. wait.