Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK VPS

2»

Comments

• BopieBopie Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @m3gf I ask you kindly to fuck off my thread and continue this shitfest in PM.

@nekki has he become a master now ;)

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • @Bopie said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @m3gf I ask you kindly to fuck off my thread and continue this shitfest in PM.

@nekki has he become a master now ;)

I will leave the sword to my fellow master.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Bopie seriously, you're trashing this thread.

You have your opinion, many people, including me, disagree with the way you handle stuff (including first shooting suspend and asking questions later), but this is not the place to discuss it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

GenjiSwitchPls said: I will leave the sword to my fellow master.

It's a young man's game though, and I'm getting on a bit now. I'd like to think I can leave this place in good hands for a few years to come.

• @Nekki said:

GenjiSwitchPls said: I will leave the sword to my fellow master.

It's a young man's game though, and I'm getting on a bit now. I'd like to think I can leave this place in good hands for a few years to come.

I would hate to see you ever leave. To be 100% honest I lurked as I watched your Cyber Monday/Black Friday deals and holy sh*t it made me think about joining.

You shouldn't leave. We love you.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

GenjiSwitchPls said: I would hate to see you ever leave. To be 100% honest I lurked as I watched your Cyber Monday/Black Friday deals and holy sh*t it made me think about joining.

Well look at that, someone actually joining LET because of me, see that @Ishaq?

I don't think I'll ever 'leave' (as in go and not come back), but I don't really have the time to police the filth like I used to. I feel a lot a better about that seeing you in action.

• @Nekki said:

GenjiSwitchPls said: I would hate to see you ever leave. To be 100% honest I lurked as I watched your Cyber Monday/Black Friday deals and holy sh*t it made me think about joining.

Well look at that, someone actually joining LET because of me, see that @Ishaq?

I don't think I'll ever 'leave' (as in go and not come back), but I don't really have the time to police the filth like I used to. I feel a lot a better about that seeing you in action.

The community spirit you encouraged during the BF/CM deals was insane. I will continue to help you in policing filth. Anyway back to the thread.

Waiting on Virtual6 anyone else got anything that can beat/match it.

Northern with direct virgin link + 2nd out link. 100Mbit bandwidth 2TB. @Clouvider's network is great but my niche use case means that something northern and not as good would be better.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Jack said: We have peering via our upstream with Virgin at IXManchester so your inbound/outbound traffic should enter/exit our network in Manchester and we have transit via our upstream with Cogent and Zayo.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114856 £3.5/mo for 1GB KVM or 512MB KVM for £15/year

Recommended.

• Can recommend Clouvider, been on and off with them for awhile great overall network :) tried loveservers but found it to be a tad worse.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • john564john564 Member
    edited June 2017

@GenjiSwitchPls

I am using Piohost now with no issues, I will send ID if he requires. Thats life and trust.

you sound an easy touch,

Dear Sir,
    For Security reasons we need to see your recent bank statements, bank cards, and utility bills, You must provide photograph evidence held by your naked girlfriend.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

VMHaus UK!

Thanked by 1Rhys

@GenjiSwitchPls , VMHaus NVMe VPS has landed in UK :p

https://manager.vmhaus.com/cart.php?gid=4

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

john564 said: your naked girlfriend

what's that?

• @vmhaus said:
    @GenjiSwitchPls , VMHaus NVMe VPS has landed in UK :p

https://manager.vmhaus.com/cart.php?gid=4

Which DC? Looking glass available?
    Thanks.

Greetings Kevin

• bersybersy Member

vmhaus said: VMHaus UK!

Congrats on launching new location! Any looking glass and what kind of DDoS Protection is in use?

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@bersy said:

Congrats on launching new location! Any looking glass and what kind of DDoS Protection is in use?

I'm not VMHaus but it's using Corero mitigation devices.

• @bersy said:

From talking to him it's Zare DDoS Corero protection. In Zare London.

Definitely ordering one

Thanked by 1bersy
  • defaultdefault Veteran

There used to be AboveClouds too from UK @Jacob but I don't know exactly if he is still provider since AboveClouds company got disolved.

@Kevinjoa & @bersy , looking glass can be found here, http://lg.lon.vmhaus.com . As for DDoS protection, our providers are using Corero Smartwall appliances. Thanks!

Thanked by 1bersy
  • Thank you everyone for your offers and support.

I have gone with @ratherbak3d / Virtual6.net the Sheffield location with a direct Virgin Media Business line (+ Level 3 & Vaioni). I understand this isn't the best uplinks and @Clouvider runs a much better network for my niche pick virtual6 is the best solution.

Despite that I have picked up a LoveServers Manchester, I already have a VPS on Clouviders network, along with a Piohost Bristol and in the upcoming days I will be picking up a vmhaus

Once again thank you for all the suggestions and help. The virgin media engineer is coming tomorrow to checkout the high ping and hopefully that will be it solved.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith Falzo
  • Just wondering - I'm with Virgin too and I've had a fairly decent experience with their routing, though I'm in Hertfordshire (around the St Albans area). One thing worth mentioning though is that they've just recently upgraded the network in the area so peak utilisation isn't a problem anymore. Is it a specific route you're having issues with? I could probably do a few traceroutes and such if it'd help?

• @iamthepizza said:
    Just wondering - I'm with Virgin too and I've had a fairly decent experience with their routing, though I'm in Hertfordshire (around the St Albans area). One thing worth mentioning though is that they've just recently upgraded the network in the area so peak utilisation isn't a problem anymore. Is it a specific route you're having issues with? I could probably do a few traceroutes and such if it'd help?

I do not hit local congestion at all. The issue is often VM<>France traffic. Both OVH, Online.net and Blizzard (Overwatch servers). I can experience disconnects, ping spikes and general random crap.

I can pull the full 100mbit line 24/7 without issue but its when I want to hit EU traffic at peak times it can fall apart.

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:
    I do not hit local congestion at all. The issue is often VM<>France traffic. Both OVH, Online.net and Blizzard (Overwatch servers). I can experience disconnects, ping spikes and general random crap.

I can pull the full 100mbit line 24/7 without issue but its when I want to hit EU traffic at peak times it can fall apart.

That's really strange - my pings to online.net and OVH during peak are typically always below about 30, and the highest I've seen it spike to within the last few months since the upgrades were completed was about 50. I've also never had a random disconnect. I don't have Overwatch though so I can't comment on the Blizzard servers. I'm guessing you've phoned VM and got the typical (bloody annoying) runaround with how there are no level 2/3 support techs and so on? It might be worth calling between 11am and 3pm since they're the times offshore clock out and back in at - so if you call between those times, you'll get through to support that will actually escalate you through the chain of command. Which version of the (so-called) "super" hub are you on?

• @iamthepizza said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

That's really strange - my pings to online.net and OVH during peak are typically always below about 30, and the highest I've seen it spike to within the last few months since the upgrades were completed was about 50. I've also never had a random disconnect. I don't have Overwatch though so I can't comment on the Blizzard servers. I'm guessing you've phoned VM and got the typical (bloody annoying) runaround with how there are no level 2/3 support techs and so on? It might be worth calling between 11am and 3pm since they're the times offshore clock out and back in at - so if you call between those times, you'll get through to support that will actually escalate you through the chain of command. Which version of the (so-called) "super" hub are you on?

The issue isn't limited to myself its limited to multiple (6-10) people in my area (on different lines connection to Middlesbrough core). I've rang virgin support and been told having 100ms ping is normal to the MiddCore. He had some swear words and said that he couldnt help. Live chat was much more understanding and agreed 100ms ping is stupid for an 8 mile journey. Super hub is whatever the latest is.

Engineer is coming money to check the kit.

• iamthepizzaiamthepizza Member
    edited June 2017

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    The issue isn't limited to myself its limited to multiple (6-10) people in my area (on different lines connection to Middlesbrough core). I've rang virgin support and been told having 100ms ping is normal to the MiddCore. He had some swear words and said that he couldnt help. Live chat was much more understanding and agreed 100ms ping is stupid for an 8 mile journey. Super hub is whatever the latest is.

For the superhub, is it this one (the v2) or this one (the v3)? The v3 has some issues (in the typical VM fashion) while the v2 is on the whole OK. It may also be a good idea to set up a ping test from thinkbroadband to your connection if you haven't already

• @iamthepizza said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

For the superhub, is it this one (the v2) or this one (the v3)? The v3 has some issues (in the typical VM fashion) while the v2 is on the whole OK. It may also be a good idea to set up a ping test from thinkbroadband to your connection if you haven't already

SuperHub 3 I've setup a thinkbroadband monitor. Just been playing on Overwatch on 100ms ping, checked and im 100% playing on EU servers not US.

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:
    SuperHub 3 I've setup a thinkbroadband monitor. Just been playing on Overwatch on 100ms ping, checked and im 100% playing on EU servers not US.

Ah - the v3 is based on an Intel chipset that has some issues especially when connected to an Arris CMTS which can cause issues like the ones you're describing. Try using modem mode if you aren't already and see if there are any improvements. You could also try disabling the firewall and upnp, as well as QoS (if you've got that option - it's slowly being patched in)