Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 TB Storage VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 TB Storage VPS

Hi Guys,

I desperately need a reliable Storage VPS with 1 TB disk space. Can you guys please recommend. I think have it down to

zxhost or time4vps

Any recommendations, preference?

Thanked by 1plumberg

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Check Backupsy out.

Thanked by 1nocchio
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Using time4vps and no problems so far. Ive heard from @Falzo that zxhost is reliable, too :P

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited June 2017

@pbgben's https://billing.c38.host/cart.php?gid=2 but sadly it's out of stock, I think he did say they're playing around with the possibility of using ARM servers with bigger hard drives as NAS back to their KVM nodes, not sure though, but their main KVM nodes with big hdd's are all sold out for pretty obvious reasons

• ZXHost with the latest offer ($96/3 years): https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/115687/let-storage-1-1tb-storage-eu

SpeedyKVM DAL-STOR 60 ($4 * 36 months): https://speedykvm.com/. You can get additional 30% OFF with the code BUYKVM36MO

Thanked by 1NANO
  • for your healthy sake, don't ever prepaid 3 years VPS

• @sibaper said:
    for your healthy sake, don't ever prepaid 3 years VPS

For me, I'm not sure with ZXHost (but till now the service is OK), but I think SpeedyKVM under Incero is the perfect choice :-). I don't think they ask me for more money as they might increase price as their Wable brand, but clients always have the right to move elsewhere :-)

• eloftyelofty Member

would always recommend wishosting

1tb for $5.99 per month or $14.99 for 3 months. Extra $1 per month for an ipv4 ($5 one off with quarterly bill)

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@mansoor said:
    Hi Guys,

I desperately need a reliable Storage VPS with 1 TB disk space. Can you guys please recommend. I think have it down to

zxhost or time4vps

Any recommendations, preference?

Check out our Storage KVMs here :D https://manager.vmhaus.com/cart.php?gid=3

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

@mansoor what protocol you need? I can do ftp for $10/tb - unlimited data @ 100mbits

• @pbgben said:
    @mansoor what protocol you need? I can do ftp for $10/tb - unlimited data @ 100mbits

I just need to store my cpanel accounts and I think the only option I have at this time is FTP because as a reseller Cpanel does not give you any other option. I have a script that basically loops through all my resold accounts and FTP's the backup somewhere.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@mansoor said:

@pbgben said:

I just need to store my cpanel accounts and I think the only option I have at this time is FTP because as a reseller Cpanel does not give you any other option. I have a script that basically loops through all my resold accounts and FTP's the backup somewhere.

Sounds good, I will PM test details.

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited June 2017

Just like @elofty I highly suggest you to go with Michael / wishosting.com. There are a lot of providers with cheap storage, but usually they are crappy in terms of CPU and network. I've bought a 500GB special durning eastern and I'm on de-kvm1. ...and the performance is just incredible. Here is ServerScope.io benchmark report I ran few days ago:

Benchmark summary:
    UnixBench - 2557.4
    Disk Read - 256 MB/s
    Disk Write - 805 MB/s
    Bandwidth - 737.33 MB/s

More: https://serverscope.io/trials/j4En

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • FalzoFalzo Member

vouch for ZXHost, most bang for the buck you can get.

have multiple services with @AshleyUK and been a customer for over two years now.
    I only use the storage space for real backups though. like how steady their performance is, even if there have been problems or attacks, they managed to work it out everytime...

• Just placed an order with ZXHost. Lets see how it goes.

Thanks for all the udpate guys.

• @mansoor said:
    Just placed an order with ZXHost. Lets see how it goes.

Thanks for all the udpate guys.

I think you are in the good hand. Just upgraded my 1T box to 3T with them and all was done today smoothly :-)

• I recommend time4vps for better value.

• coolguy001coolguy001 Member
    edited June 2017

How reliable of ZXHost services? Thinking about to buy 3 years services for ~$100 bucks.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@roland12 said:
    I recommend time4vps for better value.

1TB OVZ /w 1GB RAM @ 42€ per year vs 1.1TB KVM /w 2GB RAM @ $48 per year - I doubt the former to be better value.

I don't have to say anything against time4vps services, have a grandfathered 512GB biannual plan there still working fine.
    yet I do like KVM much more and after all a german location like with zxhost makes it much preferrable at least to me (being german) ;-)

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @mansoor
    why not one of the personal servers (Dedibox SC SATA 2016 ) from online.net?

• @ginner159 said:
    @mansoor

Interesting stuff. Unfortunately never heard about your service until you just responded. No one ever even recommended you. I will keep this in mind for future needs. For now I placed an order last night with ZXHost. Still waiting for my server. Lets see if they can provide decent service.

• @ginner159 said:
    @mansoor

Can you please explain to me your pricing. Here is the image: https://i.imgur.com/rGWfWUr.png

1) What is opt in and opt out?
    2) What does it mean Cost of Storage and Cost of Operation?
    2) When I use Simple Pricing Slider and enter 1TB, I get a different price than when I use your "Simulate the cost of storage of your data"?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2017

I don't think he works for online.net - they are however after OVH one of the largest DCs in France (few thousand machines, if not ten thousands) and owned by FREE which is pretty much the largest end-user ISP there.

OP are operations, so like AWS S3 most likely - designed for backups you rarely, if at all, retrieve. More usage access is the "Intensive" product which has no operations billing.

• williewillie Member

mansoor said: Can you please explain to me your pricing. Here is the image: https://i.imgur.com/rGWfWUr.png

That's the Online C14 cold storage product. It's archival storage, not a VPS. Think of Amazon Glacier. You upload a big chunk of data and they store it in a very safe way, but it takes some hours to get it out if you need it again. Depending on which plan you get, they also charge significant fees for upload, download, and even deletion. That said, I use it and I like it.

• @willie said:

mansoor said: Can you please explain to me your pricing. Here is the image: https://i.imgur.com/rGWfWUr.png

That's the Online C14 cold storage product. It's archival storage, not a VPS. Think of Amazon Glacier. You upload a big chunk of data and they store it in a very safe way, but it takes some hours to get it out if you need it again. Depending on which plan you get, they also charge significant fees for upload, download, and even deletion. That said, I use it and I like it.

I would love to use Amazon Glacier for my backup needs but I have not been able to figure out how to upload my backups from cpanel into it. Cpanel only supports FTP for HTTP download and I can't seem to get it to upload to Amazon unless I create an intermediary VPS where I FTP files from my reseller accounts and then install some amazon utility on the VPS to upload to Glacier.

With C14 online, can you straight FTP data?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2017

mansoor said: With C14 online, can you straight FTP data?

From their website:

Create an electronic safe-deposit box, upload up to 40TB of data using FTP, SFTP, Rsync or SCP, and use our simple control panel or API to archive your data in no time.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited June 2017

If your going to use C14 for regular backups, you'll need to create a safe-deposit box every 7 days. I'd rather use pbgben's $10/TB FTP or get a cheap VPS and FUSE mount Gsuite unlimited Google Drive and open up an FTP server.

OR, @exception0x876 wishosting.com NAT plan with 1TB HDD @ $5.99/mo could also do the job

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • Am using https://backupsy.com/ and they are so far so good. You can have them install nas4free, that way you can get any protocol you want.

• @clickcloudit said:
    Am using https://backupsy.com/ and they are so far so good. You can have them install nas4free, that way you can get any protocol you want.

Their prices on the website are pretty high. Do they have promos for 1TB Solution

• @sanvit said:
    If your going to use C14 for regular backups, you'll need to create a safe-deposit box every 7 days. I'd rather use pbgben's $10/TB FTP or get a cheap VPS and FUSE mount Gsuite unlimited Google Drive and open up an FTP server.

OR, @exception0x876 wishosting.com NAT plan with 1TB HDD @ $5.99/mo could also do the job

@sanvit, I am still trying to wrap my brain around @pbgben's solution. What does this $10/TB mean. Is that a monthly charge? I am trying to write a script that I will run on my storage VPS that will send me weekly reports of all the files in different directories so I can tally and ensure all my cpanel accounts from different resellers are being backup up properly